CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 12, 2003, 12:29 AM

Default how to backup my registry [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how to backup my registry.

Thanks!!!
Old Jul 12, 2003, 03:23 AM
suspended

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup. The Backup or Restore Wizard starts.
Click Advanced Mode.
Click the Backup tab.
On the Job menu, click New.
Select the check boxes for the drives that you want to back up. If you want to be more specific in your selections, expand the drive that you want, and then click the check boxes for the files or folders that you want.
Select the System State check box.
In the Backup destination list, click the backup destination that you want to use.
If you clicked File in the previous step, type the full path and file name that you want in the Backup media or file name box. Note that you can also specify a network share as a destination for the backup file.
Click Start Backup. The Backup Job Information dialog box appears.
Under If the media already contains backups, use one of the following steps:
If you want to append this backup to previous backups, click Append this backup to the media.
If you want to overwrite previous backups with this backup, click Replace the data on the media with this backup.
Click Advanced.
Select the Verify data after backup check box.
In the Backup Type box, click the type of backup that you want. When you click a backup type, a description of that backup type is displayed under "Description."
Click OK, and then click Start Backup. A Backup Progress dialog box appears, and the backup starts.
When the backup is complete, click Close.
I directly pasted this from MS's site. This is the link... ********support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308422