CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:48 PM

Default downloaded game...now what?

sponsored links

as above, the game (soul caliber 2 ) is in 21 seperate files and needs patching ( i have the patch) ppf

want to know the easiest and quickest way to compile the game so i can ftp over to xbox, not interested in burning as ive no dvd burner.

thanx iin advance
Old Sep 16, 2003, 02:09 PM

use winrar to extract the seperate files to an iso...hopefully. then patch the iso with ppfmatic, or sommat...search fro "ppf patch tools" you should find sommat to apply the patch. now see if winrar will extract the iso, if not, use xdfsextract, or one of the many isotools to extact to plain files and up it to your box.

hth
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Sep 16, 2003, 03:05 PM

ive already extracted using winrar and i now have a folder with 21 files in, thats why i'm unsure what to do!
Old Sep 16, 2003, 03:14 PM

just made the files into an iso but then when i extract using iso buster it views all the files as they were before the iso......
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:27 PM

c'mon m8!, does the folder contain any game files?...eg. is there a default.xbe file in the folder?, if not then you probably haven't fully extracted it yet, what extension do these 21 files have?. do you need an iso to patch?...is the patch even for an iso?...or plain files?...did you read any relevant readme files with the patch?...sorry fella, but you're not giving us too much info here...

if you got plain files and want an iso, just use gdfimage or sommat to build an iso, patch it, extract it, and up it to your xbox...or go read a tutorial on hexediting the default.xbe (and possibly other xbe's) to patch for media flags...i assume that's what the patch is for?
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:41 PM
Veteran

after you get the iso file use simplexiso to extract the iso. you will get some files and folders. put all the extracted files and folders in a one folder. transfer that folder to the xbox.