CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > UNIX / Linux
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 28, 2003, 07:26 PM

Default Where is java located?? [; ; linux]

sponsored links

I am a complete newbie to linux, i just installed Mandrake 9.1 and in Konqueror, in the configure settings part, where is the path to java excutable located at?? it says java in the box right now, but java applets arent working on pages right now. Also, what media sharing program does everyone use on linux? And I have an 80 gig hard drive, windows xp is installed on a 68 gig partiion and linux on the other part, is there a way i can see my files on my windows partition from linux? i would like to transfer some movies and mp3s and stuff over to see how they run on here. Thanks alot for your help..
Old Mar 28, 2003, 08:28 PM
Veteran

You need to insatll the sun java virtual machine but if you cant ber bothered downloading it use netscape.

youll only beable to see your xp partition if its fat 32 its location is mnt/win