CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2004, 09:01 AM

Question second browser screen opens as small bar? [Gateway; ; win98SE]

sponsored links

OK, you all know on this forum where, when you click on a thread a NEW browser window opens up so you can read it? Well, on my PC it USED to open up as a full sized window. NOW, it opens up as only a tiny little bar consisting only of the minimize, maximize and "X" buttons on it and I have to click on the maximize button to get the window to open up. This happens not only with this forum, but with any other forum (i.e. my husband goes to the Buick club forum, and it happens with that too). Sometimes with him the maximum button is grayed out and he has no way to open the window? What happened here? Does anybody know?

How can I get this to stop happening and get the new window to open up fully maximized.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 09:40 AM
Veteran

Ok, Need to maximize first, then take your cursor and size it a little smaller, then resize it without pressing the maximize button and then hold the shift key, close it.

I am not sure if you can take the corner of the window from that small of a bar, if you can stretch the window open from the corner, then do that, and press the shift key.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 02:44 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

You should be able to.

You should also close any other opened windows first, and if Shift doesn't work, try Ctrl.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 09:07 PM

Thanks all! I was able to "pull the corner" and then close using the shift key. It seems to have worked fine.

Any idea on how this happened in the first place, so I can avoid it in the future? I just can't figure it out.....
Old Jan 06, 2004, 08:22 AM
Veteran

Glad it worked, beats me how that happens, I think it starts out as a pop up and when you close all your windows, making the small one the last to close, it takes that setting...who knows only a guess.