CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:24 PM

Default XP wont boot.....paging file missing or too small. Please Help.

sponsored links

Good afternoon folks,

My names Matt and im new to these boards. I own a Systemax desktop running Windows XP Professional. Ive had it about 2 years now, and ive always been very good about keeping it clean, keeping my mcafee up to date, etc...

Maybe three or four days ago I notice a program called "System Guard 2008" has somehow installed itself. It slowed down quite a bit and eventually crashed on me. Now it wont boot up all the way. Ill turn it on, it will get all the way to the Windows password screen, then once I enter my password and click on the green arrow, I get a warning message that my paginf file is either non existant or too small. Then once I click "OK" on that warning message, the screen blacks out, restarts the boot process, gets to the password screen, and that cycle just continues over and over.

Ive tried to boot into safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, etc....
Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have a clue what to do to get this thing to boot up so I can work on it.

Thanks everyone.....Matt