CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:36 PM
Veteran

Question 2nd hard disk doesnt show up !

sponsored links

I move both hard-disks from one pc to another last night, which worked fine before.

But upon booting up the other pc, only the 'c drive appears !

thanx 4 any help
Old Dec 03, 2013, 07:46 PM
Veteran

Default Rip and Compress DVDs to Android in 4GB with multi-track

Convert DVD to Multi-track MKV/MP4 under 4GB for Android Devices

Description: This article helps you rip DVD movies to Multi-track MKV files while keeping the output file within 4GB limitation for Android devices with SD cards which are FAT32 formatted.

Question:

I want to convert Blu-ray disc in mkv files with many audio and subtitles options for my new Nexus 5. I can't do it with the freeware I downloaded yesterday. Do you know anything can help? BTW, it would be better the software has the ability to compresses video size.

Answer:

Put Blu-ray MKV files to Android devices? You must install a third-party media player on your Nexus 5 beforehand; otherwise most Android devices cannot recognize MKV videos. Anyway, as we all know that you cannot transfer or play a movie file over 4GB to Android tablets including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7, Google Nexus 5, etc since these Android devices only recognize SD memory cards formatted in FAT 32 which limits a single file size less than 4GB. While a standard DVD disc with a 1-2 hour movie on it usually is around 7-8 GB, and when you attend to rip DVD to Multi-track MKV within 4GB limits, I believe below guide can do you a favor of finding an easy to do that.

First of all, search for the best DVD to Multi-track MKV converter, free download and install on your computer.

Top Blu-ray/DVD Copying & Ripping Review

Now let's learn together how to encode DVD movies to Multi-track MKV within 4GB.

Step 1: Run the Multi-track DVD to MKV Converter, hit the "Load disc" button and successfully import your DVD from disc drive to the app.

Step 2: To extract more than one audio and subtitle track in saved MKV file, choose "Multi-track Video > Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)" as output format.

Step 3: Click the "Settings" icon on software UI, and you would see video part from original disc is not encoded by default. This helps back up DVD to MKV with lossless quality, but the created MKV files would be large size. To reduce output file size, tick off the "Encode" button, change Bitrate to 2500 and this program would compress your source DVD and export a Multi-track MKV within 4GB.

Tip: Switch to Audio and Subtitle tab, you can remove unwanted audio and subtitle track by un-checking the "Check" box.

Step 4: Back to software main UI, hit the big "Convert" button and start ripping DVD movie to MKV with multiple audio and subtitle tracks. After 40minutes to 1 hour, you will get a complete Multi-track MKV file by accessing to output folder. Now transfer the compressed 4GB MKV video to SD card and watch movies on your Android device.

Related Articles:

Rip Blu-ray to SBS 3D MKV for 3D LG TV
Convert Multi-track MKV to AVI with Subtitles for Samsung Blu-ray/TV Players
Copy Blu-ray collection onto HDD for use with WD TV media player
Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy S4, Copy Blu-ray to MP4 retaining multitracks for Galaxy S4
Watch and Rip DVD movies to iPad Air with multi-track on your Mac
Convert DVD ISO/IFO to Multi-track MP4 for watch on iPad Air

Good News!

1. To celebrate the coming 2013 Thanksgiving Day, Pavtube Studio is now offering FREE apps and UP to 66% off promotion on Thanksgiving Hot Deals from Nov. 6, 2013 to Dec. 10, 2013. Click “Share on Facebook” button, insert “#PavtubeThanks2013″, choose “Public”, and click “Share Link”. You will get 20% off ByteCopy, 20% off MXF MultiMixer, 20% off ChewTune and more. The discounted link will be sent to your Facebook “Inbox” or “Other” within 24 hours on work days. If don't receive message from strangers, please don't forget to contact us for the discounted link via faq@pavtube.com.

2. Cyber Monday Specials starts now! Do you play any sport? Now upload your photos to faq@pavtube.com via www.wetransfer.com. You can win any Pavtube product with 50% OFF! Only Two days!!! Never miss!!!

3. Do you like playing Sudoku? Win $30 Amazon gift card, Free and Up to 50% off Pavtube Blu-ray/DVD/Video/DRM Converter for Winners now on Pavtube Black Friday Sales & Deals 2013!! Last Day Only! Rush to Buy!

From: ********open-media-community.com/2013/11/26/reduce-dvd-to-multi-track-mkv-mp4-within-4gb-for-android/
Old Dec 05, 2013, 03:41 AM
Veteran

Default 30% off-Convert DVD on Windows 8.1/8/7 for playback

Get Best DVD Ripper for Windows 8.1/8/7 with 30% off

Description:Looking for an easy to way to rip DVD movies on Windows 8.1/8/7? Get the best DVD ripper for Windows 8.1/8/7, so that you can view movies everywhere and everytime with original quality.

Have many DVD Discs, but afraid of damaging them all the time. Or you have rented several DVD movies, only to find that you do not have time to watch them at all? In cases like the two, the basic solution is backing up or rip DVD movie to hard drive on Windows 8.1/8/7. Do not know how to convert the giant DVD movie to hard drive? Do not worry, that's where this article originated from.

Last week I tweeted about having successfully ripped my first DVD disc on the my Windows 8.1 PC, and while the process wasn't actually all THAT difficult, quite a few of you inquired about how I did it, and what my hardware/software setup was, so I figured I would throw this quick tutorial up.

The software you'll need is Pavtube DVD Ripper for Windows 8.1/8/7, this is top DVD Ripper which can rip latest DVD discs/floder/ISO/IFO image files to any formats you need, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPG, etc. with super fast speed. And when you converted DVD to compatible formats, you can transfer DVD movies to hard drive for freely watching on your Android/Apple/Windows 8 tablet or smartphone, or other playable devices.

Read more: Review: Get Top 5 Best DVD Ripper Programs For You

Note: If you are Mac users, view Pavtube DVD Ripper for Mac; well support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks! (Pavtube Software Upgrades with iPad Air, iPhone 5S/5C, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Supported)

Good News! you can get DVD Ripper for Win/Mac with 30% off discount now at Pavtube Thanksgiving Best Sellers!

If you have any requirements of outputting 3D (Anaglyph, T/P, SBS) or keeping multiple audio tracks/subtitles, you are suggested to try this Blu-ray/DVD Converter Pro.

Just share our Thanksgiving Sales 2013 page with your Facebook, you can get 20% off on any Pavtube products, it will be expired on Dec. 10, 2013.

To begin our journey, download and install the app here.

There are three icon on the top which let you load from disc, folder and ISO/IFO respectively.

Now we got the disc loaded into DVD to Android/iOS/Windows 8 Ripper and it's ready to go.

Choose your Output directory down which is marked as step 2.

What's more, here's where DVD Ripper for Windows 8.1/8/7 truly makes its mark and sticks out from the muddled mess of conversion software and magically manage dvd movies on Windows 8.1/8/7 flexibility and options.

Click "Settings" which is marked as Step 3, you will find presets to which suits iPad, iPhone and iPod.

For ripping DVD to iPad series (iPad Air, iPad 3 or iPad 4, the iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2), options from "iPad" meets your demand;

For ripping DVD to iPhone 5S/iPhone 5C, the iPhone preset is able to work well.

For those who in demands of ripping DVD to Android devices, you can always find the one you want in Android preset.

(Plenty of presets that can be customized as necessary.)

Now just press the big circular "Start Conversion" button to the right and let it do its magic. You will not need to keep an eye on it as it can help you to shut down computer automatically.

So there you have it. Pretty simple. Go ahead and rip DVD to Android/iOS/Windows 8 devices and enjoy…as you should have been able anyway. No loss in quality, audio is fantastic, ease of use as well as quite quick, it's really worthy to give a shot.

Users review:

I love this ripper/converter! This is the 4th program I've tried and this one blows the competition away. I find it very easy to use and I'm not at all good with computers : Ease of use and Best Choice from several reviews (did try the free version first), also like that you have the choice of a lot of different formats.

This program could handle a great number of DVD sources and conversion possibilities for a good price-performance ratio. I really like it for the straight-forward, clean interface. Let alone the plenty of presets that can be customized as necessary.

Did a lot of research before zeroing in on Pavtube. This is an all in one package. There are other rippers but some were slow, some ripped only non-protected media, some ripped in specific formats, but after giving pavtube a try, it had all the qualities I needed. Speed, conversion formats from various media and also from protected media.

Read more:

Transfer iTunes DRM videos on Android OS Tablets & Phones
Watch and Rip Blu-ray movies to Android Tablet & Samrtphone
Easy solution to rip Blu-ray Android Phone & Tablet on Mac
Convert HD Videos, Blu-ray, DVD movies for Android Tablet/Phone
Top 5 Best iOS Video Converter Review for iPad Air
Mac Solution: Top 5 Best Blu-ray Ripper Review for iPad Air
Review: Top 10 Hottest Blu-ray movies for iPad Air

Source: ********open-mobile-share.com/convert-dvd-on-windows-8-1-8-7/
Old Dec 07, 2013, 08:24 AM
Veteran

Default Windows 8.1 Blu-ray Ripper - Rip Blu-ray ISO to Surface 2

30% off Convert Blu-ray ISO images to Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Description: With the help of this article, you can set the best video format for enjoying Blu-ray ISO images with Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 anytime anywhere on Windows 8.1/8/7.

Which file types are supported on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT/Pro?

As a windows follower, it is big news that Microsoft released the new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 tablet. Now, I can throw away heavy Notebook; take Surface 2 with me on my road. The new Surface 2 can support playback videos up to 1920*1080 pixels. With a Surface 2 tablet, I can enjoy HD movies on such high resolution screen. Want to view Blu-ray ISO images on Surface 2 like me? No problem, with this useful Blu-ray to Surface 2 converter, you can easily convert Blu-ray ISO images to Surface 2 support format on Windows 8.1/8/7.

News: Buy it now can enjoy the 30% off on Thanksgiving Special Offer 2013

Software required:
Please download the right version of Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper first, and the following guide is based on windows version.

Windows: Blu-ray Ripper
Mac: Blu-ray Ripper for Mac

Step 1: Load Blu-ray ISO image files.

After launching Pavtube Blu-ray to Surface Tablet Ripper, click the "Add files" button to load your blu-ray ISO images to program. This Blu-ray to Surface converter also supports loading Blu-ray discs.

Step 2: Choose "Surface" profile.

This Blu-ray ripper for Surface 2 embedded "Surface" profile with pre-set parameters. Click the drop-down list and choose "Windows> Microsoft Surface Windows RT/ Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4). The output videos could fit on Surface 2 perfectly.

Tips:

1. If the preset profile settings cannot meet your need, you can click "Settings" icon to adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio channels and so on.

2. If you want to leave out the title and tail leader of the film when you transfer your ISO images on Surface 2, click Edit selected task "", Then use the "trim" function to set start and end time of your videos. The length of the output video could depend on your own need.

Step 3: Start the Blu-ray ISO to Surface tablets Conversion.

Back to the main interface, and click the "Convert" icon to start converting Blu-ray ISO images to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. After ripping, you will get a .mp4 file for Surface 2 then you can enjoy Blu-ray movies anytime and anywhere.

Note: If you want to convert Blu-ray ISO images to MP4 with multiple audio tracks (languages) for your Surface, try our ByteCopy.

Articles you may want to read:

Transfer Media Contents to Your Microsoft Surface tablets
Watch Blu-ray Movies on Surface Pro 2 while Traveling
View/Watch/Play HD Videos on Surface 2 with best quality
Play DVD movies on Surface 2/Pro 2 without DVD Drive
Transfer Digital Copies into Surface 2, Surface Pro 2
Play iTunes M4V on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 and Surface RT/Pro

Good News! Thanksgiving Day 2013 is coming to the end. Did you miss any discount especially for Blu-ray/DVD Ripper, Video Converter, DRM Media Converter and more?

You still have the chance to win! Only 3 days left for Free Products and up to 66% discount at the page: ***********.pavtube.com/thanksgiving-giveaway-2013.html

********mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2013/12/watch-blu-ray-iso-file-on-surface-tablets.html
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:28 AM
Veteran

Default How to play VOB movies on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2

Convert VOB to MP4 for playback on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2

Description: The easiest way to let you transfer VOB movie to Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 for playback with best video format and settings.

What is VOB file?

VOB is the Video Object file that allows you to contain audio and video files along with menu and subtitles in DVD-Video media. Whereas MP4 format helps you to enjoy the same videos or audio files in your mobile phone along with certain other devices.

Many of you may choose to backup rented DVD movies to VOB files for preservation. It would be so great to own a large VOB collection and watch movies in VOB on your computer. However, have you ever thought using tablet like Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 to playback these VOB files? It could be much convenient to enjoy your collections on the go.

According to the official data from Microsoft, Surface 2 natively supports MPEG-4, H.264, H.263, MEPG-2, VC-1, WMV 9 video format and codec; while HD files in WMV 7/8, XviD, DivX, AVI, FLV, M2TS, MTS, MOV, VOB, MKV codec or formats are widely supported by Surface Pro 2. Obviously, VOB is not a Surface-friendly format and the only way is to transcode the VOB files to a format that Surface (Pro) 2 appreciates.

But it's not a big deal; after widely searching and multiple testing, we found a tool named Pavtube Video Converter, or you can name it a VOB to Surface Converter. It's capable of converting your DVD VOB files to best MP4 files for playback on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2.

FYI: You can reach the Mac version here: VOB to Surface Converter for Mac.

Surprise! Hurry up! Now you can Get 20% OFF discount on Pavtube Video Converter for Win/Mac at Pavtube Thanksgiving Promotion 2013!

Note: If VOB files are still in your DVD discs, or in VIDEO_TS folder, you need Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate and iMedia Converter for Mac (Both are 20 % off) for help. It's a package tool that can help you convert BD, DVD and kinds of common video files.

Download a free version here and follow the guide below:

Guide: How to convert VOB files to best MP4 for Surface 2, Surface Pro 2?

Step 1. Run this VOB to Surface Converter and load videos.

Drag-and-drop your VOB files to it directly. Or you can click "Add videos" to load single videos and click "Add from folder" to import all the files inside this folder.
Step 2. Choose format.

Hit the drop-down list besides "Format" and choose "Windows>Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)", it's the best file format to watch on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2.

Step 3. Edit source video or adjust target video settings (Optional)

Pavtube Video Converter provides basic editing functions before conversion; you can enter the video editing window by hitting the pencil-like "Edit" icon on the top to free trim, crop, add watermark, edit audio and subtitles.

Moreover, if you are not satisfied with the default output video specs, click the "Settings" beside "Format" bar to enter Profiles Settings interface. Hit to adjust target video size, bitrate, frame rate and other settings here. Usually the higher bitrate you choose; the larger file size and better video quality it will be.

Step 4. Start conversion.

Now back to the main interface and hit the big red "Convert" to start conversion. The conversion speed is related with your computer configuration, file size/codec/bitrate settings, other programs that running simultaneously, etc.

After the conversion, you can click "Open" or "Open output folder" to quick locate converted video.

How to transfer media files to Surface Pro 2

Good News!

Just share our Thanksgiving Sales 2013 page with your Facebook, you can get 20% off on any Pavtube products, it will be expired on Dec. 10, 2013. Only Two Days!!! Never miss!!!

Other related articles:

Convert MKV to Surface 2 supported video format
Convert Blu-rays to Surface 2 for playback
Rip DVD to multi-track MP4 for Surface 2
Enable Surface 2 tablet to play DVD ISO/IFO files
Sync iTunes Music & Videos to Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2
Transfer Digital Copy to Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2

From: ********movievideoconvertertips.altervista.org/transfer-vob-to-surface-2-pro-2/
Good new for you! 2013 Christmas is around the corner! To celebrate the coming Christmas Day, Pavtube launch Christmas Giveaway and Promotion 2013, you can get Free, Buy one get one free, Up to 66% off discount between Dec.10,2013 and Feb. 10, 2014. Never miss!!!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 03:51 AM
Veteran

Default Convert/Transfer WMV movies to iPad Mini 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Get "Now You See Me (2013)" WMV movie playback on iPad Mini 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Description: Many people want to convert WMV to IOS device supported files format so they can enjoy the WMV movies with iPad Mini 2 anywhere and anytime. This article gives you the fastest and easiest way to convert your "Now You See Me (2013)" WMV movie to iPad Mini 2 for playing on Windows 8.1/8.

When it comes to summer movies, this is about as good as it gets. Now You See Me is a fun movie that deconstructs the acts of modern magicians. The story follows Vegas magicians, know as the Four Horsemen, who rob a bank in the middle of one of their shows. What follows is a cat-and-mouse thriller where the FBI chases after these magicians, always on step behind, trying to figure out how they did it. If you want a film with twists and turns, this one will not disappoint.

The movie simply keeps repeating to the viewers "The closer you look, the less you see". It also constantly repeats that magicians always do something to distract the audience while the real magic happens elsewhere.

The film is worth seeing for the actors, the visuals, the locations, and the misdirection and plot twists.

I was given free advanced screening tickets to see this film and my friend planned to go together with me originally. However, he had to be in hospital for a month. How pity! So I downloaded online and put it on the iPad Mini 2 for him to spend his boring time and enjoy this wonderful movie. Thanks to the professional Pavtube iPad Mini 2 Video Converter that I can convert WMV movie to iPad Mini 2 easily.

Review: Top 5 Best iOS Video Converter Review for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPod

The program is 20% off now!

Convert "Now You See Me (2013)" WMV movies playback on iPad Mini 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Step 1. Load WMV movie to the WMV to iPad Mini 2 converter program.

Click the "Add Video" button on the top left to load your videos, you can also "load from folder". It will only take few seconds for importing videos and you will be kept informed of timely state with a progress dialogue box.

Step 2. Choose iPad Mini 2 friendly format.

Click "Format" menu to find "iPad" option in the dropdown list, choose "iPad Mini HD Video (*.mp4)" for output. This is the most compatible format for iPad Mini

Tip:
If you are not pleased with the default effect, just use the Trim, Crop, Watermark, Effect, Subtitle functions in the "Edit" which you can adjust the video with your own request.

Step 3. Start the WMV movie to iPad Mini 2 Conversion.

Click the "Convert" button and leave the WMV to iPad Mini 2 Converter to finish the rest automatically with its superb fast conversion speed. After that, "Open" button will show you the location of output files.

Step 4. Sync movies to iPad Mini 2 via iTunes
1. Open iTunes and connect iPad Mini 2 to your computer.
2. Click "File" tab in iTunes to add local file to iTunes library.
3. Click on iPad Mini 2 icon, follow the path "On This iPad-> Movie ->Add To" to stream videos from local computer to iPad Mini 2 for enjoying this wonderful film anytime and anywhere.

Hope this post will help you.

Related Posts:
Convert/Copy Blu-ray Movies to iPad Mini 2
Watch Blu-ray movies on iPad Mini 2 with Forced Subtitle on Windows 8.1/8/7
Transfer Blu-ray ISO images to iPad Mini 2 on Mac 10.9 Mavericks
How to copy DVD movie to iPad Mini 2?
Watch DVD ISO/IFO image files on iPad Mini 2 with Multi-track MP4 on Mac
Convert MKV with DTS Audio to iPad Mini 2 or iPad series on Mac Mavericks
Sync MKV/AVI/VOB/Tivo/MPG/WMV/FLV to iPad Mini 2 for playback

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/01/watch-wmv-movie-on-ipad-mini-2.html