CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:14 AM

Question CD Drive wont read.....win98

sponsored links

Dear Friend,

I have windows 98se.

Until a while ago I could easily read and burn CD's. Just recently, out of no where, my drive cannot read or write any form of CD. Not only the ones I burnt but even other cd's as well. I tried many, still nothing.

Power works and the tray opens and closes. The green light flashes at start up. It is recognised in BIOS as well. But every time I put a CD in it acts as there is no CD inside. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, changing IDE cables but nothing.

Just like c03MAC (***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=253680) sometimes the DVD recognises a CD when its left inside and the pc is booted. Then again sometimes it does not. And the CD RW drive does not recognise any CD at all, put it before or after boot up.

I need help, PLEASE you guys make a big difference in amature pc users.....better than those large company support team.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:39 AM
Veteran

It sounds like your burner could be dead. Try installing the drives in a different PC and see what happens.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:53 PM

Default Help with credit card processing unit

First, www.cdrom-guide.com probably isnt the right website to post this. Sorry, but im desperate. You guys seem to be good with with computer related stuff. We have a credit card terminal and everything was working good until we went from comcast cable to DSL. Our credit card terminal now will NOT connect through ethernet..only dial up. We have checked our router that it is plugged into and the port is flickering so we know its connected. All of our computers connect to the web all day long without issues .Anyone have any ideas!?!? Thanks in advance! ***********.carpet-cleaning-lasvegas.com
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:04 AM

Default best price arcoxia 120mg jcb free shipping Georgia

is Arcoxia available in generic - [URL=********buyarcoxia.carbonmade.com/]Buy arcoxia buy Arcoxia cash on delivery