CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > DOS
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 08, 2007, 11:44 AM

Default how to make a bootable CD of MS-DOS 6.22

sponsored links

Hi,

How do i take the 3 floppy files of MS-DOS 6.22 and create an bootable CD? I know many of years ago in my first PC it had an floppy drive so that was easier but this PC does not have a floppy drive. If i make DOS on a CD do i need to create it as 3 CD's just like floppies? Would it prompt me for all 3 CD's? I know it prompts for all 3 floppies.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 04:51 PM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by php111
Hi,

How do i take the 3 floppy files of MS-DOS 6.22 and create an bootable CD? I know many of years ago in my first PC it had an floppy drive so that was easier but this PC does not have a floppy drive. If i make DOS on a CD do i need to create it as 3 CD's just like floppies? Would it prompt me for all 3 CD's? I know it prompts for all 3 floppies.
ffffwserfwefvfdsv
Old Oct 01, 2007, 01:07 PM

Default RE: convert 6.22 DOS floppies to (bootable) CD

If memory serves, I came across the same problem some 8 years ago. I ended up attaching an external floppy drive since, the PC I was using also did not have an internal floppy drive. The CD burning program was new to me, so I was unable to simply transfer the info from the floppies to the new CD. I ended up copying the contents of the floppies by accessing them through 'MY Computer' (usually reaadily accessible from the desktop icon, or from the "C:\" hard Drive hierarchy) from there I simply copied/transferred to the CD.

Newer programs today like Nero and NTI Cd writng programs will simply recognize and/or have prompts alone for bootable CDs and will simply ask you for these floppies as it copies to memory or simply transfers as you are burning. Same programs could recognize a 'new' piece of hardware such as an add-on internal or external diskette drive (that, by the way, are affordable; new or used, try Goodwill stores, pawn shops, Ebay, etc) My point is, though, that your better and most all newer CD R/W DVD R/W programs will support this function. Everyone with a computer of any type should possess a bootable CD or diskette of some type, just in case. The only thing I would add, is that this new medium be tested (in your drive at bootup) before filing away , or even labeling as such.

Besides buying yourself an internal or external drive (new or used)There are still more solutions: Some public libraries, or Kinko's, and the like will allow you to access their computers for same, but I digress. Another simple solution would be to get involved in , or make contact with groups or organizations dedicated to PCs or Macs, so-called 'helpful experts' that don't expect to make commission for sharing these hints. Some Office Max, CompUSA, similar computer outlets and other stores could theoretically help with these simple transfers, but, depending on who and where, there may be a cost involved.

Hope this helps, as I am no expert. Please let us know when you've successfully transferred your DOS program.

Best Regards,

HHT
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:11 PM

where can you download it ?
pls share link download. Thank you !
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:26 AM

Default Which is the toppest audio converter software?

Hey everybody,
I would like to listen to this exquisite stuff that¡äs available on zappateers on my iPod. Therefore I desire to convert the FLAC to mp3. Yeah I understand: I am not going to cancel the FLACs, they won¡ät get harmed.
But my old convert program doesn¡ät work on my new computer any longer. So I inquire you:
Which software would you recommend, just like recommendation from [url=***********.topvideoconverter.com/best-audio-converter-review/]audio converter review?
Old Oct 04, 2011, 04:18 PM

Default What¡äs the toppest audio converter?

Hello everyone,
I wanna listen to this exquisite stuff that¡äs available on zappateers on my iPod. As a result I would like to convert the FLAC to mp3. Yeah I understand: I am not going to delete the FLACs, they won¡ät get harmed.
Nevertheless my old version convert program doesn¡ät work on my brand new computer anymore. So I inquire you:
Which software would you introduce, just like recommendation from [url=***********.topvideoconverter.com/best-audio-converter-review/]best audio converter review?