CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:27 PM

Default CD-R/RW listed as CDROM

sponsored links

I have an external cd burner that is listed in my computer under drive letter F but it is not listed in the (send it to) when I try to send files to the drive. I went to the run mmc cosol root/add/remove snap in/computer management make sure it was listed. It was listed as a cd rom not a CD-r/rw I went to the drive in explorer and checked properties to make sure it was enabled and it was. everytime i try to burn to the drive it shows the new disk as full in properties and I am not sure what to do next. my email is [email]yeswings@excite.com[/email]

Last edited by Yeswings; Dec 13, 2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswings View Post
I have an external cd burner that is listed in my computer under drive letter F but it is not listed in the (send it to) when I try to send files to the drive. I went to the run mmc cosol root/add/remove snap in/computer management make sure it was listed. It was listed as a cd rom not a CD-r/rw I went to the drive in explorer and checked properties to make sure it was enabled and it was. everytime i try to burn to the drive it shows the new disk as full in properties and I am not sure what to do next. my email is [email]yeswings@excite.com[/email]
If I understood correctly, the CD you're trying to burn is a full CD. You need another cd/dvd writer to burn to (Cd to cd) and in that writer, you would need to place an empty cd. In your case, f:/ needs the empty one.