CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 08, 2008, 08:58 PM

Default Creating a restore cd

sponsored links

i've been rebooting my computer from scratch every time now and it takes a while to get every driver and programs to load into my computer and now i wanna know a program to backup all computer files including systems and programs to a cd or dvd so that i dont have to install them one by one every time. can some1 please tell me a program that create a bootable restoring cd of the complete windows backup including everything in it so that i don't need a OS cd i would greatly appreciate it, thanx.
Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:09 PM
Veteran

Norton Ghost is one of many that will do an immage of your system.

The only problem is as time goes on things get updated, or programs you use get changed, so it would take just as much time sorting them out after a ghost install.

The way i do things is to use a DVD/RW disc and make a copy of all the progs/utils/fixes etc, that i use and use this to complete the reinstall of my system, so makeing it much easier having everything in one place.

As time goes on and progs/drivers/updates change, i just make another disk and wipe the original one.

colin.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 03:22 PM

cool thanks, but does it do like a custom self-bootable os restore dvd that include everything i used to have so that it replace the XP cd?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 08:45 PM
Veteran

I haven't use Ghost as i have stated earlier, but as far as i know, it will do a custom (you select what you want included etc) or a FULL bootable restore of your whole system, either one HDD or more, and if needed will split this over several disks.

colin.