CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:19 PM

Default Import/Edit Canon XF100/XF105/XF300/XF305 MXF videos in iMovie on Mac

sponsored links

[img]***********.brorsoft.com/images/how-to/mxf/edit-1080i-mxf-imovie-mac.gif[/img]

If you are Canon Camcorders including [url=********macmxfconverter.com/mxf-camcorder-review/canon-mxf-camcorder/import-canon-xf100-1080i-mxf-clips-final-cut-pro-mac-os-x]XF100/[url=********macmxfconverter.com/mxf-camcorder-review/canon-mxf-camcorder/convert-canon-xf105-mxf-to-apple-prores-for-fcp-7]XF105/[url=***********.editavchdmac.com/canon-xf300-to-imovie-importing-tips-convert-xf300-mxf-to-aic-for-imovie/]XF300/[url=********macmxfconverter.com/final-cut/mxf-to-final-cut-pro/canon-xf305-mxf-to-fcp-x-importing-without-xf-plugin]XF305 and EOS [url=********macmxfconverter.com/final-cut/mxf-to-final-cut-pro/convert-canon-eos-c300-mxf-to-mov-for-editing-in-fcp-imovie-fce-on-mac]C300/C500 users, you may meet some troubles about how to import Canon MXF videos to iMovie for editing on Mac OS X. Maybe you will say iMovie declaims that it can support the importing and editing workflow of the native MXF files from Canon Camcorders. But please you remember that Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) is the most friendly video format of iMovie. So you will always find that iMovie seems not to support the MXF files.

So in order to make MXF files editable in iMovie, you have to transcode MXF to AIC so that you can easily get the converted MOV files to iMovie. You may be worried that the MXF to MOV conversion may reduce the high-definition quality of your MXF files and the conversion process seems to cost you a lot of time. With Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac, you will find it is easy to [b][url=********brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html]convert MXF to AIC (MOV) with original quality[/b] at faster speed than other video converters you have tried. Now follow the step-by-step guide and you can get the MXF footages converted to AIC (MOV) for editing in iMovie.

[b]Step-by-step Guide & Tips:[/b]

[img]***********.brorsoft.com/images/how-to/mxf/steps-convert-mxf-imovie-mac.gif[/img]

Step 1: Free download and install the [b][url=********brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html]MXF Converter for Mac[/b]. Load your MXF files from Canon to it.

Tips:
1. If you want to [b]join MXF clips[/b] into one, please tick the box "Merge into one";
2. If you record two audio tracks into the camcorder, please insert the CF cards into your Mac and add your recordings from CF cards.

Step 2: Choose iMovie/Final Cut Express --> Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) as output format by clicking the format bar.

Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters of codec, size, bitrate, frame rate in Profile Setting, which you can find by clicking Settings.

Tips:
1. If you record Full HD 1080/60i movies, 30fps is the recommended frame rate for you while 25fps for 1080/50i.
2. If you want smaller size for easy importing and converting, please reduce size from 1920*1080 to 1440*1080 or 1280*720.

Step 4: Click the "convert" button and start [b][url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-mxf-footages-to-imovie-mac.html]converting/deinterlacing 1080i MXF to AIC for iMovie[/b] immediately.

After the MXF to AIC conversion for iMovie, you can transfer Canon MXF footages to iMovie effortlessly. Besides, the powerful Mac MXF Converter is designed with some useful editing features, including deinterlacing 1080i files, adding text/image/video watermark, cropping imported clips, replacing audio tracks, etc. In addtion, it can also change MXF to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro, DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere and other Mac editing software.

Related guide:

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-canon-c300-mxf-to-imovie.html]Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF files to AIC for iMovie

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-canon-xf305-to-imovie-mac.html]Canon XF305 to iMovie- Edit Canon XF305 1080i MXF in iMovie on Mac

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-xf100-to-imovie.html]Transcode/Convert Canon XF100 1080p MXF files to AIC for iMovie

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/best-solution-to-mxf-importing-editing-problems.html]MXF Converter(Mac&Wins) --- The Best Solution to MXF Importing/Editing Problems

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-canon-c300-1080i-mxf-files-to-prores-for-fcp7.html]Deinterlace and Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF files to Mac Editing Software
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:06 AM

Best MXF Converter for Mac

***********.wonderful-software.com/mxf-converter-for-mac/

MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format which supports a number of different streams of coded "essence", encoded with any of a variety of codecs, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file. MXF has been designed to address a number of problems with non-professional formats. MXF file format is not compatible with many programs. So you may have problem to play, edit or use these format. So are Panasonic HVX200/HPX300 MXF files, P2 MXF files and Canon XF100/XF105, Canon XF300/XF305 are also included. MXF Converter for Mac is the best tools on Mac that helps you convert MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, etc for Editing with FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE 4, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc on Mac Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.

Tags
canon mxf to aic, canon mxf to imovie, edit canon mxf in imovie, mxf converter for mac