CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 29, 2002, 08:01 AM

Default XBOX CDR to CDRW transfer problems

sponsored links

Ok I have 6 different XBOX cdrs. I am trying to extract the image onto my pc hard drive, and then burn the image onto a cdrw, so I can play them on my modded xbox. Problem is, I cannot get a good image off the cdrs. I used clone cd and Blindread. Blindread is the only program that will extract from the cdr in a short amount of time. Clone CD will take hours. I was thinking that maybe the cdrs all had bad images to begin with, but all 6 of them?

When I finally got a image with blindread, I can't get it to reburn onto a cdrw. I have tried every program, discjuggler, Nero, etc....I have a plextor cdrw drive. Also, when I do extract the image from the cdr with blindread, I get errors, but it finishes the image anyway.

Any suggestions on what the best program is to extract a image from a cdr and reburn it onto a cdrw? Settings? Should I try to do this on-the-fly?

Thanks!

[email]doadea@earthlink.net[/email]

doadea
Old Jul 30, 2002, 04:16 AM

have u tried inserting it into xbox and using evo to network it back to pc
some cdr can be read by xbox but it varies from cd to cd
Old Jul 30, 2002, 04:20 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by iso-man [/i]
[B]have u tried inserting it into xbox and using evo to network it back to pc
some cdr can be read by xbox but it varies from cd to cd [/B]
only one of the CDs will allow me to do this; the memorex branded disk. The others don't show up at all.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:19 PM
Veteran

Idea!

Read the forum about cdrs & cdrws. Xbox isnt made to read them (usuall). I don't know why I post
that everyday still.

try dvdrs instead.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:42 PM

handyguy, the person in question is trying to make a copie of a copy on a pc(he didn't asked why the cd couldn't be read by the xbox he asked why his pc won't allow him to make a "good" image of the allready burned(to a cdr shouldn't be a problem for a pc) disc and then when he got's the image of it reburn it on some media that his xbox will recognice.

and since his question is about xbox image files it should belong in this forum.

[ontopic]Are you reading those disks with your writer??? have you tryed cdrwin? my guess is that they are bad burns, did you burned them yourself or bought them from someone??[/ontopic]

Last edited by SStyle; Jul 30, 2002 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:48 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by SStyle [/i]
[B]handyguy, the person in question is trying to make a copie of a copy on a pc(he didn't asked why the cd couldn't be read by the xbox he asked why his pc won't allow him to make a "good" image of the allready burned(to a cdr shouldn't be a problem for a pc) disc and then when he got's the image of it reburn it on some media that his xbox will recognice [/B]

THANK YOU... SStyle..... you could not have said it better. I was about to post the same thing...lol