CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2002, 04:15 PM

Unhappy Matrix help needed?

sponsored links

I flashed the matrix with evox2.5, sliced it according to xbox-scene. Burned image with milk. Seemed to have burned fine. I use windows xp home.
The problem is that I have the matrix in mode 2 the green light is on and my backup dvd r of 4x4 evolution and 007 wont work. These two are my first burned dvds. Its cheap dvd r media. Hvent tried cd r or cd rws yet.

When I installed the matrix i got a green light but in mode 2 the eject light was flashing red and green and xbox was shutting on and off. I think i had false positive. I then moved the chip around for about half hour and the red green flashing in mode is gone now. So I believe that the chip is seated correctlly.

Matrix seems to play my dvd r hollywood movies from Malaysia just fine. WHich it didnt do before the matrix. All help is appriciated. Could it be that the chip didnt get flashed properly because of win xp or maybe the media is not good. Oh ya I still have the original dvd drive in the xbox. Has anyone else experined the same problems. Or has opnions on how to solve this. THanks in advance.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 04:32 PM

I got the same red and green flashing eject light during my install. This was a result of not being able to read the media then not being able to load the dashboard.

First of all check and see if you get the flubber or the xbox screen when you turn on the xbox. If you only get it when you have a flashing grean light (ie dips 1&2 on) then you aren't loading anything but xbox bios. When in any other dip mode the xbox would turn on, beep turn off, three times then show a flashing red and green eject light. This indicates that your bios are not flashed to your chip. If you flashed them correctly you would see programing complete at the end of the dos program.

I used a cdrw to burn the evox dashboard. It read one time out of six. My bios are modded so they tell me if there's a dashboard error. I would get 16 as my error code when xbox couldn't load any media. This is because there was no dashboard for the xbox to read. My bios use evoxdash.xbe instead of xboxdash.xbe. Since it had trouble reading the disk it would look for evoxdash.xbe which isn't on the xbox until you put it there.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:23 PM

I flashed my matrix with the new program from the xecuter team. Flashed fine. But in mode 2 xbox would turn on, beep turn off, three times then show a flashing red and green eject light. as Slomar saiid...

So in mode 2 i get flashing red/green eject and no tv display. Mode 1 seems fine