CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2002, 06:46 AM

Default Xbox Will Not Load Orignal Or Backup

sponsored links

Hi,

Can someone shine any light on this problem

PAL xbox fitted with x-ecuter mod (1st version) & evo x 1.8.4 dashboard working fine for several weeks now. Woke up this moring & no games will load backup or orignal. I have no warning lights eg red/amber all appears fine you can hear the xbox dvd spinning but the system goes to the evo x dashboard screen after a short while.

Connected PC DVD drive with backup in pc drive & orignal in xbox but the same thing happens all looks ok but will not load (pc drive light flashing as if looking to reading disc).

I have some games on the harddrive which still load & work fine.

I can also read the disc (orignal or backup) via flash fxp on the PC and transfer data from it (pc or xbox drive).

I can also play DVD movies via the dvd region x program on my harddrive (orignal dvd movie in xbox drive)

any help or advice

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2002, 08:35 AM

boot back to the m$ dashboard and set the time and date. maybe...
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:15 AM

You could try making a link from the EvoX dash to d:\default.xbe and try loading the games from there, altho I'm not sure whether that'd actually work - but it may be worth a try...

John / shock
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:13 AM

Thanks - changing the clock did the trick

Thanks again