CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 04, 2002, 07:36 PM

Default Surround Sound

sponsored links

I recently have just acquired surround sound for my dvd player and was wondering what are your guys favorite dvd for surround sound, so far my fav is matrix
Old Apr 04, 2002, 09:56 PM

I didnt really like the matrix for surround sound. I love the movie... but the surround sound didnt impress me that much. What did impress me was fast and the furious... star wars episode 1... and a new one called 13 ghosts, which had a lot of ghost sounds and i ended up looking over my shoulder all the time...

What kind of surround sound system did you get?

I have a nice 6.1 yamaha reciever (with dts of course) and 5 bose cubes (sets of 2, so 10 total)... and bose sub (plan to get a new one soon reciever has sooo much power). I love it, with my 65inch mitsubishi widescreen, it makes for a helluva semi-home theater. I just need to fix a few places that make rattling sounds when my sub puts out certain frequencies of lows... Sound (to me) is like 60% of the equation... its that final barrier that convinces your mind that this is really happening... with shitty sound, your mind just isnt convinced.. yeee haa cowboy, you know what im sayin..
Old Apr 05, 2002, 09:43 AM
Veteran

I Have a sony receiver and a mission 6 pack, my fav film on this setup is Gladiator, especially the fight scenes at the beginning
Old Apr 05, 2002, 12:41 PM

I think the film Heat is excellent at testing your surround system with bullets flying from all speakers, sounds like you are right there
Old Apr 05, 2002, 01:01 PM

i don't have anything special i just bought a soundblaster 5.1 channel sound card and use power dvd xp to watch all my movies i want to get some bose for my downstairs, i already have 2 pairs of bose cube speakers and trying to talk my parents into getting 2 more pair and a center channel speaker and a fairly good receiver, it just takes time but for now my computer sound sounds great for me. i have to try those movies thanks for your inputs
Old Apr 13, 2002, 11:07 AM

bump, anyone has a fav surround sound movie please list it worst movie to if you have one