CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 21, 2003, 11:19 AM

Exclamation spyware here spyware there spyware frigging every...

sponsored links

[B]WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

i have nothing but trouble with this can anyone help me out please!

basically ive always had spyware but alwyas got rid of it with ADAWARE and SPYBOT and SPYBLASTER

now my HD blew up so i bought a new one 40gb seagate, installed xp pro..ect everything ok

now i set up my internet connection and straight away more or less im infected with SEARCHTHEWEB spyware shite! now i ran all 3 of my spyware software and got rid of alot of spyware but it just dont detect this SEARCHTHEWEB crap.

shite pop ups come up all the time of it and when i click the SEARCH icon at the top of my IE SEARCHTHEWEB crap comes up and i cant get rid of this. also i dont know if its the same cause but now and again when im surfing the net and i scrow down the barat the side of the IE on a website it will automatically pop back up without touching it over and over again.

ANY HELP MUCH APPRICIATED, IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS PC.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:44 AM
Veteran

hi m8 follow this link to the forum this is the problem you are having
something has taken over your internet explorer

backup2k1

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=256154
Old Dec 22, 2003, 06:20 AM

You can identify bho's on your comp , with this .
***********.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/
BHODemon scans your Registry for BHOs, and presents any it finds in a list. By highlighting a
BHO in this list, and clicking the "Details" button, you can see information about this BHO,
and even disable it if you wish. BHOs are disabled by simply renaming the DLL that houses
them. By renaming the DLL, instead of deleting it, you have the option of enabling it later
if you wish. Why would you want to do that? Because the program that installed the BHO will
not run if it can't find the DLL: Go!Zilla, for example, won't run if you remove its BHOs.
Works on XP .

Next by clicking on List > F5 in BHOList , then after the latest list downloads , enter the found bho into Search , you can find if it is legitimate .
BHOList
***********.spychecker.com/program/bholist.html
BHOList is a simple frontend for TonyKleins BHO Collection . It fetches the list of currently known BHOs (Browser Helper Objects) and allows you to search it . You can also filter the list to show all known BHOs that are installed in your browser . Each BHO entry is noted as Safe or Legitimate (at the descretion of the author). Useful tool for advanced users .
98/ME/2000/XP
What to do:
If you don't directly recognize a toolbar's name, use TonyK's Toolbar List to find it by the class ID (CLSID, the number between curly brackets) and see if it's good or bad. In the Toolbar List, 'X' means spyware and 'L' means safe.
If it's not on the list and the name seems a random string of characters and the file is somewhere in a folder named 'Application Data' (like the last one in the examples above), it's definitely bad, and you should have HijackThis fix it.

Remove Spyfiles by using these 5 programs .
Make sure you use the SpyBot/SpywareBlaster/Ad-aware/Bazooka/Swat It > Online > Update button regularly .
Once you have the program installed , open SpyBot and select the "Immunize" icon on the left & Click on Immunize , in the new page .
Then check the box "lock hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers".

********beam.to/spybotsd
***********.wilderssecurity.com/spywareblaster.html
***********.lsfileserv.com/
***********.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=11613
Bazooka
***********.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html
Swat It
********swatit.org/

Bazooka
***********.winsite.com/bin/Info?17000000037943
***********.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html
Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects a multitude of spyware, adware, trojan, keylogger and trackware components; sources of irritation that antivirus software does not deal with. The scanning process will only take a fraction of a second and tell you how to uninstall the invasive spyware or put you in contact with the spyware developer for the most up-to-date and safe uninstall instructions.

Spyware and adware is often bundled with software such as Kazaa, Morpheus, Grokster, Imesh, Xolox, Gnutella and a myriad of other programs, and in many cases installed without your knowledge. Some send information about your surfing habits to ad companies, which target you with popup ads that fit your preferences.

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner search for Gator, GAIN, Bargain Buddy, CommonName, FlashTrack, IPInsight, n-CASE, NetRatings, NewDotNet, SaveNow, Wurldmedia, etc. The complete list is available here. To stay up-to-date with the latest spyware and adware software Bazooka downloads the threat definitions from the web.

Bazooka is freeware and Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP compatible.

Click on the files found & you will be taken to a site that will show you how to remove , either with a program or manually .

It reports on all drives & partitions , so remember to check all these , when doing manual remove .

After the Download - It is important to remember that once the installation of Bazooka is completed , that you should update the File Signatures by clicking on the Update tab and check for an update .
Make sure you Update regularly .

Spyware and Adware Encyclopedia
***********.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/index.phtml?source=bassindex

====================================

Swat It
********swatit.org/
Swat It is a Completely FREE program that scans your files for Trojans, Worms, Bots and other Hacker programs. Swat It can detect and remove over 4000 different Trojan programs plus variants. Swat It was recently independently tested against popular commercial scanning software and we were absolutely delighted by the results.

We try our utmost to keep our software more up to date and current than other similar software. The comparison results strongly indicated Swat It's ability to detect and remove the latest Trojans that are in circulation.

After the Download - It is important to remember that once the installation of Swat It is completed, that you should update the File Signatures by clicking on the Update tab and check for an update. All Product and File Signature Updates are Totally FREE, this means that you will never have to pay a single penny to get the very latest version of Swat It or to update the File Signatures.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 06:22 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Old Dec 24, 2003, 09:05 PM

woah thanks guys i will give above sulutions a go......