CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 13, 2004, 01:52 AM

Unhappy -Problem with backin' up Psyvariar2

Guyz, I need your help! I already killed 4 CD-R's (3 700Mb and 1 800MB). I can't get Psyvariar2 running.

I ripped Psyvariar2 and used 'extract' on the track03.iso file. After unpacking it, I was suprised- only 160MB of data??? 'Can that be true?', I asked myself. Well, after checking the files it everything seemed to be ok, so I burned the files as always (selfboot, of course).
I put the CD into my DC and the DC logo came up, follow by the 'Made by or under license blabla' stuff... and a BLACK SCREEN!!
I thought maybe there's a prob with my dummy file, so I've created a new one and burned the files again. The same prob'! After biting in my desk, I burned the disc with a larger dummy file on a 800MB CD-R, and then -without- a dummy on a 700MB CD-R. Always the same result.

What's wrong? Do you think there are more files on the disc but T.T. simply stoped reading them out (by the way, I read somewhere that a guy had a prob' that his DC stops reading the GD anymore after 3mins/30mins/3h (I think it was the last one, 3h, don't know it anymore). If it was after 3h, well, my DC stoped reading the GD after 3hours too!)?

Can anyone help me? I even edited the IP.BIN file by myself 1time (and 'placed' a boot logo in it), but I get a black screen after booting all the time.
I have the fear that my DC maybe stops reading the GD after some hours too like the one of this poor guy I mentioned before does. But Psyvariar2 is a REALLY short game, so I can be true that it has only 160MB of data... Gee, I'm so confused right now. I hope that anyone of ya guyz can help me.

-Suzuke-

Last edited by Suzuke; Oct 13, 2004 at 01:55 AM.