CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 16, 2005, 04:54 AM

Default Toshiba SD-R2512

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
Guys, follow the instructions I gave, any more than that I cannot elaborate.

The upper and lower filters (not common key values as stated) should be deleted, as some burning programs can cause them to be corrupt in the Registry.

When you reboot, Windows will recreate new filters.

No use asking for help if you aren't willing or able to correctly follow advice.
I have the same problem as discussed here. How do I indentify upper and lower filter when I open the key??
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:31 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Easy, it says Upper Filters and Lower Filters on the right-hand side.

Read the steps I outlined again.

If you are sure you're in the correct key and you can't see them, then you don't have them.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 07:34 AM

Default Toshiba SD-R2512

Thanks for your quick answer Insomniac. I am sure it is the right key and there is not any low or upper filter stated on the right side. There is one called: ab class Reg_sz CDROM. Why no filters and when not how do I then fix my problem?
When I choose the CD combi drive from This computer I get the message: D:\is not available - wrong function. By the way I get a similar message when I choose the disc drive. I have also noted that I can play CD's on the Windows media palyer. But when I put a data disc in the drive I can't get any contact.
The problem started after I mounted a new HDD, installed XP from the recovery cd's, upgraded the XP from Microsoft website and then reinstalled all my other programs. Everything went well - the Toshiba worked without problems during this installation process.

Last edited by Samen; Dec 18, 2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 03:53 PM
Veteran

I need more information.

How many hard drives and optical drives (CD/DVD drives) do you have, and in what configuration?

For eg, "I have 2 of each, hard drives on the Primary Controller as Master/Slave and optical drives on Secondary Controller as Master/Slave"

That is the ideal setup. You shouldn't mix and match hard drives with optical on the same controller, and you must make sure they are in the correct Master/Slave setting.

Are the drives detected correctly in the Bios, and are they displayed correctly in My Computer and Device Manager etc.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:45 PM

Default Thanks

Insomniac,

I just spent about 4 hours trying to figure out why I had this problem then it took me an entire 3 minutes to do what you suggested and reboot. The problem is solved and you saved me from wasting the better part of tomorrow reformatting my machine. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Greg

edit: If you would accept the paypal equivalent of a beer on me, pm me with your email addy. Thanks again.

Last edited by ergodic; Dec 23, 2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 04:19 AM
Veteran

You're welcome, glad to help.