CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 17, 2002, 09:34 AM
Veteran

Exclamation OMG!!! DOOM3 confirmed for Xbox!!!

sponsored links

(Enter english accent)
I scream!! I scream with joy like a little gal!!

Article source: ********gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2877682,00.html

I knew it would come to Xbox,its been running on Xbox from some time as i heard. This is nothing but SWEET SWEET news for all Xbox owners!,And it will be done right this time only on the Xbox! yey!

Heres the article..

Doom III confirmed for Xbox

John Carmack confirms that the graphically impressive first-person shooter will come out for the Xbox and will match the visual fidelity of the PC version.

Id Software had previously expressed interest in doing an Xbox version of its upcoming first-person shooter, but hadn't confirmed that there would be a console version of the game. Today during his keynote at QuakeCon, id's John Carmack said that the Xbox is the only console platform that id is "completely committed" to releasing Doom III on. Carmack further commented that the Xbox version will have the "full graphics fidelity" of the PC version, which made a major debut at this year's E3, where it won a number of awards.
Id Software has said that work on the Xbox version won't start until the PC game is complete. At QuakeCon 2002, id expressed hope that the game would be done before next year's E3 in May. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the PC game.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 08:34 PM
Veteran

Great to hear
Old Aug 17, 2002, 10:31 PM

That is great to hear actually...and it gives us Xbox gamers yet another argument for people who think PS2/GC are as powerful as the 'box.
Old Aug 18, 2002, 10:37 PM
Veteran

It has nothing to do with power, the XBox would be the easiest port from the PC version, since it uses standard PC parts, OpenGL, etc.
Old Aug 18, 2002, 11:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by MisterSnot [/i]
[B]That is great to hear actually...and it gives us Xbox gamers yet another argument for people who think PS2/GC are as powerful as the 'box. [/B]
I'm petty sure games are better than specs. Nuff said.
It's certainly is great news for xbox owners.