CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2002, 03:52 AM

Question Better Game Play: Xbox or PS2?

sponsored links

I got a PS2 and about to get a Xbox. Even though the Xbox's graphics are better than PS2, I heard some people said that games on the PS2 has better game play than the Xbox when comparing exact games that are released on both systems. For instance, I read somewhere that people were saying Need for Speed 2 on the PS2 is better than the Xbox version. But then again, those people were posting in a PS2 forum.

What do you guys think?
Old Oct 07, 2002, 04:16 AM
Veteran

Oh oh handbags at the ready, lol

I've owned a PS2 and i currently have an Xbox. The main advantages with the Xbox really do lie with the technical specs at the moment as things like faster processor speed, better graphics and a built in hard drive all push the Xbox far beyond any other console on the market. I mean can you stick a dozen emulators on a PS2 and play them all at full speed with no problems, Don't think so.

As for software there is no doubt that the PS2 probably at the moment has the upper hand, especially with the Grand Theft Auto Series and the undoubted best Footie games ever WE6 & PES2.

I think the Xbox games can only get better and even though there are some very playable great titles availalbe i think if you ask 100 Xbox owners what their favourite game is the majority will reply "Halo" No problems their Halo is a great game, however it was a launch title, why has nothing superceeded Halo yet??

Future games do look promising and if i could get GTA and PES2 for the Xbox i wouldn't have the slightest hunger to have my PS2 back.

So in Conclusion, i definetly will not be selling my Xbox anytime in the future as things can only get better and bigger, however until they get games of the quality of GTA and PES2 in their respected genres i will always be thinking of my old PS2.

Get an Xbox you won't be dissapointed m8
Old Oct 07, 2002, 04:38 AM

Thanks for the info. So if you wanted to get a game, let's say Need for Speed 2 or whatever game that you have already that's available for both systems, which system would you buy it for, PS2 or Xbox? Other than graphics, is there a difference between the same games on the two systems?

Last edited by fastZ8; Oct 07, 2002 at 05:43 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 10:10 AM
Veteran

Oh they seem to play the same for me on either system. Only thing is I can get them on cdr for the ps2 which is a savings.

Anyway, don't lose any sleep on this.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 10:40 AM
Veteran

I heard Blades got differances on XBox, but seen as how its crap it dont matter

both are worth owning ... PS2 for GTA and XBOX for Halo!

Most games usually gone Multiformat at the same time will have little Gameplay differance. If a game takes longer to arrive on one console it may have a few more extras thrown in.

Last edited by Dunny; Oct 07, 2002 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 11:36 AM

Actually I would get need for speed on the ps2. I have all 4 systems(dc, gamecube, xbox, ps2). The xbox version of need for speed is alot slower than its ps2 counterpart. only thing that the xbox version has over the ps version is less jaggies. THE PS2 PORT RUNS MUCH FASTER AND YOU HAVE A GREATER SENSE OF SPEED. I WOULD GO WITH THE PS2 PORT.