CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 26, 2005, 05:19 PM

Default DVD backup problem.

sponsored links

Ok so I finally managed to successfully backup a dvd that plays on everything (p2s, xbox, comp) but heres my prob. After a chapter of playing, the dvd plays the next chapter for about 10 secs then loops back to 10 seconds before that chapter. It does this about 3 or 4 times then continues to play normally to the next chapter when it does it again. It doesn't do it for every chapter (some work fine). Also sometimes it goes all choppy like if it was dirty but the Dvd is perfectly clean.
Maybe it has something to do with compression or extraction. I am running an OS X with Tiger, using Mactheripper for extraction (i only do "Main Feature" extraction to minimize compression if neccessary), i use DVD2oneX for compression and toast to burn.
I guess i could try using DVD2oneX for extraction instead of MTR (but MTR seems to go faster).

Any help is appreciated