CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 29, 2002, 12:33 PM

Question How to turn 2 tracks into 1 track?

sponsored links

My problem is that a buddy of mine made me a mixed audio cd on his stereo but he has the starting points of the tracks all messed up. For instance lets say every song on the cd is 4 minutes long. The tracks are marked as such that track one is from 0:00 to 3:30 and track two is from 3:30 to 9:00 and so on and so on....... So I want to extract the few songs I like but how do I get them in their entirety? Cuz when (using my example above) I try to extract track one I only get 3:30 of the song while the last 30 seconds of the song are on track 2. Is there a way to extract tracks 1 and 2 together and get the one track that is 9:00 minutes long allowing me to edit the track after that? All four songs that I want to extract from the cd require this type of "surgery" so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 12:47 PM
suspended

Use CDex, click on Convert then select Extract Partial CD Track. It will ask you to enter the starting and ending points.

If you don't have CDex already, you can find it in the sticky Audio Software Links under the section Ripping CD Tracks to Wavs or MP3s.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the fast response Van Nugent! I just downloaded the program and took a quick look through and it seems like it will be painless to work with. Thanks again.