CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:22 PM

Default Import/convert Canon Rebel XS MOV video to iMovie on Mac OS

sponsored links

Top Canon MOV Converter for iMovie-Encode/Load Rebel XS H.264 MOV footages into iMovie

Canon entry-level DSLRs are always the best seller in the camera shops, like 1000D (Rebel XS). It is great for us to take high quality images and record vivid full HD videos with it.

As we know, Canon Rebel XS (1000D) records videos in H.264 MOV format. If you have used canon XS camera and recorded many MOV videos, you may need to edit them in iMovie before sharing with others. But, you may encounter problems when you want to import the XS MOV footages to iMovie. Canon XS (1000D) H.264 MOV format is not good for editing in iMovie, iMovie best format is AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec) MOV format, the favorite editing codec of iMovie in advance. The Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) does not use temporal compression, so every frame can be decoded and displayed immediately without first decoding other frames. The drawback of this codec is that it requires much more bandwidth and hard drive storage space. So the best solution is transfer Canon XS MOV footages to iMovie with AIC codec. The following are steps will tell you how to import Canon Rebel XS (EOS 1000D) MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie. This will help you import the file correctly and saving the rendering time.

As you see, we need to get some help from a 3rd-party tool. If you are insterested in doing this likewise, check out Pavtube's HD Video Converter for Mac(currently on sale), which is entitled as a top Canon H.264 MOV Converter for Mac users.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
This program is good at encoding camera shootings in different formats (H.264 MOV, MTS/M2TS, MXF, etc.) to video editing software compatible file types, i.e. AIC for iMoive, ProRes for FCP, and DNxHD for Avid Media Composer. Not only dealing with Canon XS recordings, you can also use it to handle H.264 MOV footage shot by Canon 600D/T3i, Canon 550D/T2i, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 5D mark iii, Canon EOS 5D mark ii, Canon EOS 1D mark iv, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 60D, etc. What's more, it provides simple video editing functions for you.

HOT News: Pavtube's HD Video Converter for Mac is on sale (20% Off) now, never miss the chance to get the program during its Euro 2012 Special Offer.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/uefa-euro-2012-software-promotion.html
Guide- Convert/Import Canon XS .MOV files to iMovie for editing smoothly on Mac

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/canon-t4i-650d-mov-to-imovie-aic.html
Step 1: Run the best Mac Canon MOV to iMovie Converter and load H.264 MOV clips to it

You can click either “Add Video” button or “Add from folder” button to load source MOV files.

If you want to combine the loaded MOV clips into one file, simply tick off the checkbox before “Merge into one file”.

Step 2: Select “Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as target format

In order to convert Canon XS MOV to AIC for use in iMovie, simply hit “Format” menu and follow “iMovie and Final Cut Express” > “Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)”.

Step 3: Start H.264 MOV to AIC Conversion

Click the big button “Convert” to start Canon H.264 MOV to AIC Conversion. As soon as the conversion is completed, you are able to click “Open” button to get the generated AIC MOV files for use in iMovie.

Step 4: Import converted Canon Rebel XS (EOS 1000D) MOV to iMovie

Launch iMovie, and then choose File > Import > Movies to import the converted Canon Rebel XS (EOS 1000D) MOV to iMovie for further editing.

Some more helpful features of the app:

1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p).

2. Editor (next to “Add” icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.

So there you have it. Pretty simple! Now Now you are free to load/edit Rebel XS (EOS 1000D) MOV in iMovie under Mac without rending problems.

Last edited by vivian58; Jul 03, 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Tags
best canon mov transcoder, canon xs 1000d h.264 mov, canon xs mov to imovie, convert 1000d mov to aic, encode canon mov to aic