CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 25, 2002, 02:15 PM

Unhappy CloneCD read errors

sponsored links

I recently started experiencing problems with my Plextor 24/10/40 CDRW

When I read certain media at max speed using CloneCD I get a number of read errors around the 75% - 90% mark of the disc the only way to stop the read errors is by turning the speed of the writer down to x32 or some media down to x16, this seams to stop the read errors.

Iíve also had some discs that the writer fails to read, but my other CD rom reads fine

After burning the data onto Datasafe Media I can read them at max speed

Is there a problem with my writer or are thay **** discs

Any suggestions
Old Feb 25, 2002, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Greets Have you checked to see if there is a Firmare update for your writer? Sometimes firmare update can help with read issues?
Old Feb 26, 2002, 08:03 AM

The best discs to use are verbatham, but try to scan ur disc with cloney first and use the suggested settings,also check the fast error skip box,
Ray
Old Feb 26, 2002, 05:13 PM
Veteran

Umm I'm not sure I Agree on "also check the fast error skip box" most FAIL To READ sectors in the case of Safedisc & Safedisc2 the Errors would be at the begining of the disk!! so by checking fast skip error box it would skip (RECOVERABLE) info that would seen as an error on the disk when it could be just light scratches( From everyday use) and not TRUELY BAD SECTORS!! Clone has a Great Read engine that maybe able to recover info that others would just see as errors....... just my 2 cents worth Onlymenotu P.s. i know he didn't say these were safedisc or safedisc 2 disk i was only trying to point out the info could be recoverable thats all

Last edited by Onlymenotu; Feb 26, 2002 at 05:19 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 06:33 PM
Veteran

If the game is not safedisc then you should not expect errors. If the cd is safedisc errors usually occur in sectors upto 10000. Any eroors in sectors way after this are more likely due to a scratched disc, hence reading at high speed does not help, where as slowing it down does.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 09:56 PM
Veteran

If you can copy your own copies ok, then yes , as you suspect the problem is poor quality discs that you are copying from in the first place

I have this problem myself, too many people burn too fast on cr@p discs

They will say they never have any problems, correct - its the people they pass the discs on to that have the problems