CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:57 PM

Default MultiSession disk problem with Nero

sponsored links

I created a multisession disk with a previous version of Nero. When I try to add another session with newer version of Nero, there seems to be a problem with the previous session data. It might be easier to describe with the following example:

- Create multisession disk with Nero. 5.5.4.0
- Continue multisession disk with Nero 5.5.6.4 --> Nero asks which track --> session added successfully. The files in previous session are visible with the new files in the new session.

- Later, create new, and choose "continue multisession", and Nero asks again which track. This time 2 tracks are shown --> Track 1 in Session 1, and Track 1 in Session 2.

The problem is...when I select Track 1 in Session 2, it will give me error like "Corrupted data". I can only select Track 1 in Session 1 from here, but after writing, all data in Session 2 will be lost. Only the latest data (Session 1 & supposedly the new Session 3) are visible. Session 2 is still there, but somehow is not linked anymore by Nero. I realize this when I try to add another session, Nero asks me to select one of the existing 3 sessions previously written.

It seems if the disk is created with different version of Nero, I can only link the data in 2 sessions, which is the parent session (which we select to continue from) & the new session. All data in other sessions are lost or not imported.

If I create the multisession disk, and add sessions with the same version of Nero, I do not have this problem.
Is there compatibility problem between multisession disk created with different version of Nero ?

With EasyCD Creator, it always successfully recognizes all the previous session data and import them without a problem, eventhough the disk might have been created with the previous version.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 01:56 AM
suspended

It may be a bug in the new version of the software, I certainly haven't heard of it before with any other vesion. Try contacting Ahead to see if they have a resolution. The differences between 5.5.4.0 and 5.5.6.4 wouldn't be all that great so if the earlier version works for you perhaps go back to the 5.5.4.0 version.