CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 13, 2002, 06:36 PM

Default 2 cd burners, 2 images, 1 computer HELP

sponsored links

K... I'm trying to burn 2 different images on 2 burners off my computer using 2 instances of clone cd... I thought that it would burn quicker but it seems that it slows it down to about half speed on each burner when i do this... i have a 24x lite-on burner and a 12x pioneer ao4 cd/dvd burner...

What could be the problem...these are both connected on the same IDE channel...could this be slowing it down drastically? I have a Promise FastTrack TX2 UATA133 IDE controller with an empty channel to spare... could I hook one of the drives up to that and possibly speed it up? I also have multiple hard drives that I could burn from...would it make much of a difference putting the images on 2 different hard drives??? I have ultra ata 133 on the hard drive im burning off of now, its a maxtor 160gb which is set as z:\. I could also burn from a western digital 40gb c:\, western digital 80gb x:\ which would be on same channel as burner if i hooked it up to the promise card, or a maxtor 120gb y:\ on the same channel as the Z:\

also...any programs that might handle this better?

note: discjuggler has been glitchy in the past on my lite-on...

edit: ( brief system info... amd tbird 1.1ghz with 512mb ram installed )

any comments or help will be much appreciated, thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 01:50 PM
Veteran

suggest if you have raid on your mobo connect your h drives to them and then connect your writers to the other ide connections,one writer per channel.use your raid channels on your mobo(ide3 and 4)as extra ide channels and not as raid channels(might have to change a setting in the bios or move a jumper on your mobo),and make sure non of your hard drives are connected to ide 1 and 2.you then can use ide 1 and 2 with a writer and a reader on each channel and make sure your writer is set to master.another thing to check is that you have pio mode in the bios set to 4.this should now speed your writing up.if possible write your cds with cdr win as it can write to two writers a little quicker than clone.or you can even write a disc with clone and another with cdr win at the same time.

hope this is of some help

steve54
Old Sep 16, 2002, 06:00 AM

Each time you use the same IDE to connect burners or HDD the spped slows down. Think, the same cable is used to transfer data to one dispositive or to another, so as it is shared, the time of use is divided.