CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 26, 2003, 03:49 PM

Default intermittant sound on my pc [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

i bought a new pc about 2 weeks ago and from day1 had intermittant sound.they have decided at last tomorrow to send an engineer out.
the pc is high spec with the latest asus a7n8x mother board and for some reason included a platinum augiby board.my question is as this board has built in 5.1 sound with sound storm does this have to be enabled as when i click on navidia control panel it says audio driver missing. could this be the clue to my int sound ie starts and dies +cracles and niose with no audio playing. the test with the augidgy sound says all is correct.will know the outcome by tomorrow night. just would be interesting to know if the navidia sound driver needs to be installed or is the augidgy creative sound card all that is needed for normal sound. it did have normal sound for 1hr on day 1. would the navidia sound have been disabled at the factory to stop conflicts with the augidgy card.colin