CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 10, 2003, 01:41 AM

Unhappy SCSI target error on Ricoh MP9060 writer [Home Built; AMD XP1900+; winME] [Home Built; AMD XP 1900+;

sponsored links

I have a Ricoh MP9060 as master on IDE2 with an Asus S520/A/G as slave. I'm using Nero 5.5.9.9.
I have been trying to copy a disc for 2 days now (NOT on the fly - writing an image & writing from the image). The first try everything seemed to go fine - - until I tried to read the copy. Neither CD-ROM drive would recognise the disc - it was as if nothing had been written. So I tried again with the same disc, figuring that Nero would refuse the disc if it had been burned. I did a test first - all clear - then I tried a burn. The burn failed and putting the disc in any drive froze the machine! I had to reset and eject before Windows had loaded to get the disc out. The failure message form Nero and what seems to be the relevant part of the log file follows

7:10:30 PM #20 CDR -400 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 157
SCSI Target error

7:10:30 PM #21 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 157
Could not perform end of Disc-At-Once

7:10:30 PM #22 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1566
Burn process failed at 4x (600 KB/s)

7:10:30 PM #23 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 395
SCSI not using temporary buffers
20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

Where does the SCSI come from??? It's an ATAPI/EIDE drive. The entry in Device Manager is unchanged. Is the Ricoh kaput? (That would be a bit of a relief - I've never been 100% happy with it) Is Nero corrupt? (Not a joke, honest) Is the problem something more basic with my machine. HELP!!!!!!!

BTW I have Farstones Virtual Drive (software CD-ROM drive) installed but I get the same problem if I use a Hardware Profile with them excluded or not.
Christine

Last edited by Christine; Jan 10, 2003 at 09:13 AM.