CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 29, 2003, 04:27 AM
Veteran

Default couple questions about xbox live

sponsored links

im think of buying it. My question is: I have aol dsl, how do i connect to xbox live? Does it connect to its server or do i have to provide my isp info like ps2? Btw, since i have x2.2 lite with 4997 build, do i have to delete the update file for online games before i burn them? I have Madden 2004 saved in my xbox hdd, do i have to delete the update file to play safely?
Old Aug 29, 2003, 06:14 AM
Veteran

first of all, there is NOWAY to play backups in LIVE. if u got switch in your chip then switch off, then put the original games and play LIVE. (Otherwise do not)

unlike PS2, the xbox LIVE is simpler to set up, Just plug it in a ruter/hub or back of your networkcard, if your using a USB modem etc.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:17 AM
Veteran

when i had dsl i had to put in all the settings, ie: ip, subnet mask, gateway, and user/pass. with cable and a router, i just plugged it in and it detected everything automatically. but as redwolf said ALWAYS turn the chip off and only play originals. the dashupdate you can delete safely if you wish. it's just for xbox's that don't have the live dash and it will update it. it will cause no harm as long as your orig dash is xboxdash.xbe and evox is evoxdash.xbe.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:07 PM

I would use an alternate way to play online games like xbconnect or gamespy....both allow more games and have no need for a chip to be turned off
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by deacon [/i]
[B]I would use an alternate way to play online games like xbconnect or gamespy....both allow more games and have no need for a chip to be turned off [/B]
It's still not quite the same as playing "Live"...