CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:22 AM

Question win Xp pro continual bootup loop!!!! pleaseHELP

sponsored links

Hi
I am having problems when booting up my computer,
( P4,
Asrock MB,
80G,sata drive
win xp pro
The problem I am having is whenever I bootup I get as far as the winxp screen then just before which would normally boot into the desktop it goes back to the beginning & starts to bootup again ???? & continually goes round in this loop please help, I also noticed that whenever I was booting up I noticed on the screen ( missing boot.ini )

I can get into safe mode no probs,
I have tried the Recovery console / no change ?
I have tried reinstall win cd (R)

I also got MESSAGES that read :
1. (Reboot & select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device & press key .)

2. A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prev damage to your comp. Driver_IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL
disable or remove any newly inst Sware or H/ware. Disabel BIOS memory options & select cacheing or shaddowing
Press F8 to select ADV startup options & select safemode.
Tech info *** STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x00000030,0x00000007, 0x00000000,0xF75759A0)
VIAMRAID.SYS - ADDRESS F7579A0 base at F756B000, datestamp 4063e304

Hope this helps & someone out there can help.
Thanks
muz1kman
Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:32 PM
Veteran

The Computer Continuously Restarts
When you start your computer, the Microsoft Windows XP start up screen appears, and then the computer restarts. The Windows XP logon screen does not appear. This error can occur if the Kernel32.dll file is missing or damaged.

To resolve this issue, use the Windows Recovery Console to extract a new copy of the Kernel32.dll file from the original Windows XP compact disc (CD). To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start the Recovery Console. If you do not have the Recovery Console installed, start it from the Windows XP compact disc (CD). To do this, follow these steps:

a. Insert the Windows XP CD and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD.

b. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R.

c. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the recovery console.

d. When prompted, type the Administrator password.

2. At the command prompt, type "cd system32" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER.

3. Type "ren kernel32.dll kernel32.old" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER.

4. Type "map" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER.

5. Note the drive letter assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD. It is displayed in a format similar to the following: D: \Device\CdRom0

6. Type "expand <drive>\i386\kernel32.dl_" (without the quotation marks) (where <drive> is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD), and then press ENTER. For example:

Expand d:\i386\kernel32.dl_ <ENTER>

Note the underscore character after the "L" in Kernel32.dl_

The following message appears: Kernel32.dll, 1 file(s) expanded.

7. Type "exit" (without the quotation marks). The computer restarts.

8. Remove the Windows XP CD and start the computer normally.

Worth a try.

colin.