CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2005, 08:06 PM

sponsored links

Thanks for the info! I'll give them a shot when I get back from school.

Thanks alot!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:37 AM
Veteran

Maybe you should invest in a new computer, Its like shares - except its better.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:49 PM

@michaelcomputer: Thanks, but nothing worked. I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to do a Clean install, and I didn't want to do that. If I do a clean install, I'm gonna make an image of my HD, just in case XP gets messed up again.

@Jta553: This computer workes great, don't need that much since all I do is code in it. I could use a better OS though, but since all my coding is for M$'s OS's, then I have to stick with XP, 'till Vista comes out.

Last edited by marimo; Oct 20, 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 05:46 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Normall re-registering the jscript dll works, and I'm surprised that neither that nor sfc /scannow did not.

Does it work in Safe Mode?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 07:12 PM

Thumbs up

A last resort but have you considered re-installing XP over the top of your existing copy? You'll have to re-install SP's but that shouldn't be too much of a hardship. And you won't loose any vital data.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:13 AM

@Insomniac: Hmm, Haven't tried it in Safe mode. Will give it a shot after I come back from class today.

@michaelcomputer: That's a great idea, I guess I'll use that as a last resort like you suggested. If nothing works after doing the repairs in Safe mode like Insomniac suggested, then I'll re-install.

Thanks alot guys!

*edit* Well, I still have a few minutes before going to class. Everything I did in normal mode, I tried in Safe Mode, but no luck. I also tried to do a "sfc /scannow" but it gives me an error:

Quote:
Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable.].
Seems like I need to be in Normal mode (or however you call it), not in Safe mode to be able to do this.

Oh well, I guess I just have the option to reinstall XP.

Last edited by marimo; Oct 21, 2005 at 08:16 AM.