CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 01, 2002, 12:47 PM

Question I need to know if it's bad dvd-r media or bad magic2 install?

sponsored links

I just installed a red magic 2 chip in my ps2 i tested cdr games and dvd rips and they played flawlessly but when I tested my dvd-rs they will not play.

I do not get the red screen because it tries to boot it cause I get to the ps2 logo screen. BTW should that screen display perfectly or could it be messed up? cause it was always messed up with my neo2.2. But anyway after the ps2 logo screen the screen stays black. It seems like the laser is trying to read the dvdr i heard it skip a couple of times.

I'm thinking it's the media because I'm using white top princos. I know that they are a cheap generic brand. but just to be sure i'm asking if it could be the install. I plan on using different media just to be sure also. Thanks
Old Oct 01, 2002, 12:49 PM
Veteran

Sounds more like either bad media or the laser is a little sqiffy. The fact it gets to the Playstation 2 logo screen indicates to me that the correct code has been injected for it to boot.

Try another DVD-r brand and give the laser a clean.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 01, 2002, 01:28 PM

Thx man
Old Oct 02, 2002, 12:41 PM

also check your 3.3v wire, if you use the china-magic 3.3v point you will have erractic loading. find one closer to the chip and you should notice better performance (it's a timing issue)

Mike