CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 28, 2003, 09:13 PM

Question X2.2 Lite Switch Assembly

sponsored links

I hav just successfully installed a Xecuter 2.2 Lite on a v1.4 xbox and flashed with Bios 4979.... works great

I have a small problem though need some advice.

On the switch assembly for the x2.2 there is 3 switches.

Enable / Disable Protect / Unprotect Bank1 / Bank2

All 3 have a small toggle style switch but whilst the other 2 switches have a firm click and lock into place the Enable / Disable switch is very loose and floppy and slides too easily from side to side. It is working fine for now but I had a tech friend check it when he looked at my soldering 4 me.

He said the switche is definately faulty and the possibility exists that it may give out and the circuit will be left either on , off or Not work at all.

Has anyone else with a mod-chip come across similar problem... because the switch is not one commonly available and the guy who sold it to me insists there is nothing wrong with it and wont even tell me he could get another switch if and when it gives out.

ANy assistance / advice appreciated.

cheers
blanes
Old Nov 29, 2003, 04:39 PM

anyone ?