CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 16, 2003, 08:31 PM

Default is anyone here a little dissapointed with the xbox?

sponsored links

is anyone here a little dissapointed with the xbox? i am a bit there arn't that many good games yet and there are too many sports game which i hate,

the games that are out the graphics arn't that brillient i got splinter cell that look alright but i found it very boring, i prefer action games and not stealth, i bought it because the person at a popular retailer H*V said it was an action game and that you also could kick and punch, rather than just shoot etc, so i bought it and they woulden't let me take it back

there is also halo but when i first got my xbox i paid 49.99 for halo and completed it just within a week, yes the graphics were ok but once i had completed it that was it i never went on it again and i had it on the hardest level,

i used to have a ps2 andwas also dissapointed i that as the games were very easy to complete so when i got my xbox i played each game and still do on the hardest level and it still dosn't take me long tocomplete them.

i can't ue xbox live has we don't yet have broadband where i live which gets me mad as all the towns around us are having it, i rang bt and they say that 400 people have to want broadband where i live for them to install it and there has only been 176 requests 1 of them is me,

i am also sick of all the ps2 ported games, they look crap and having a load of ported games in xbox's games lineup puts many new games of of getting one so they just get a ps2 instead, which is also a bad console, 80% of its games are rushed and are bad

thats it, i'm sorry for going on i just needed to get this off of my chest, i have been waiting for a quality game to come out that i really like for ages but none seem to be released

feel free to leave comments

Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:54 PM

I have both and some of the games seem to be a re hash of one another, but I have found that games come around that will grab my attention and I will play them. I play certain games on the ps2 and certain games on the xbox. I like the way they look on the other sysytem. I am not to pleased with 80% of the games that come out, but hey, that is why they make different games. Everyone has something different that they look for in their games. I too agree that the scene seems to be at a plateau.

Looper
Old Mar 17, 2003, 04:28 AM
Veteran

I own both systems and prefer the PS2 to the XBOX myself. With the XBOX I have yet to find a really solid game (I like Halo and Splinter Cell but they really aren't my kind of game) that is unique to the XBOX. I certainly won't give up on it but with having games on the PS2 like GTA: Vice City, Gran Turismo 3, and other racing games that really appeal to me, it makes it tough for me to find what I am looking for on the XBOX. For the original post it sounds to me like you should stick to PC games as you will save money and find more of what you are looking for.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 06:52 AM
Veteran

off topic. continue in the chat folder if you like.