CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 14, 2003, 06:20 AM

Unhappy DVDr - color problems? Please help!

sponsored links

Good people,

Hope you can help me out - I got a few DVDr movies from a friend on mine (burned on Riteks I think) and was playing them on my PS2 (v4 with Apple chip) but the color on the movies was real off.

What I mean is the movies looked real dark & had color problem, like high contrast, lot of red & purple; all the fleshtones were reddish & just generally dark.

What's strange is that the color would eventually 'cycle' or go back to how the movie SHOULD look like with normal color. But then it would cycle back to the high contrast/dark colors.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be the media, the way they were burned, or the way my PS2 is hooked up?

I currently have my PS2 video cables going in through my VCR first (meaning I have to turn the VCR on first to see any picture on the screen to play any games) , but I haven't seen any problem with this in playing DVDr games.

Personally I think it's the way they were burned or something - if anyone can help that would be great!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:39 AM

Maybe it's the media it was burned on.

I'm assuming the movie looks normal on a standalone dvd player.

Try reburning the movie on a princo dvd-r disk.