CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 24, 2002, 05:16 AM
Veteran

Default Camcorder trouble

sponsored links

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I thought this is the place that suited my problem the best...
I have just got a camcorder (only ****ogue and it's old - Canovision 8 E77)
When I turn it on I get nothing out of the lens (it's like the lens cap is still on but it isn't), however, on the screen there is the LP and PAUSE.
Also: camcorder tapes WILL play in it.

Is this just a problem with the battery or is the camcorder ready to be binned?
(I have no instruction manual)

Thanks for any help

Last edited by psx4u; Jan 24, 2002 at 05:23 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 03:26 PM

Sounds silly I know, but it seems like you have it in PLAY mode.
Old Jul 06, 2006, 10:26 PM

Default help!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMO
Sounds silly I know, but it seems like you have it in PLAY mode.
if it is in play mode is the light supposed to be red or green?
Old Jul 06, 2006, 10:45 PM

Unhappy help meeeeee!?!?!?!!!!!!!

this is making me crazy i cant figure out whats wrong the only thing i see through the eye piece is grey and black lines and when i press fast forward or rewind it doesnt do anything
and my camcorder is a canovision 8 (e65) 8mm
plz reply absolutly as soon as possible plz i beg u
Old Jul 08, 2006, 09:48 PM
Veteran

Usually with any cam there are buttons or rotary switch for selecting what mode you want the cam in, either playback or record.

In play you insert a known good cassette in and press play, if nothing apears on screen or the picture displayed is distorted, it could be that the video heads need cleaning, best let someone who knows what they are doing do this as they can be easly destroyed.

In record mode the screen should light up showing whatever the cam is pointing at, and will record it when the record button is pressed, if screen remains blank, there could be a fault with the iris, this is the cams eye for want of a better way of discribing it, and will need looking at.

colin.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:36 AM
Veteran

Both of the above cams are well past their sell-by date and probably not worth repairing.
In the first case the problem could lie with the ccd, the power to it (leads, print, regulator, control chip etc) or the iris. Either way it`s unlikely you`ll get an economical repair.
The second one ( clair ) has not given enough information anyway.
[QUOTE] and when i press fast forward or rewind it doesnt do anything [QUOTE]
Does the motor run? Are you running off battery or mains adapter etc...
This could be caused by internal power problems, or a fault in the mode control switch (quite common) or again, internal cabling, print, control chip or transistor etc..
With the price of cams today you may be as well cutting your losses and buying a new one.
I have a Sony CCD-TR2000 which cost 1,400 new. It now has an intermittent fault and I was quoted 360 to repair. I bought a new Sony Digital 8 cam for 299. I keep my old one in my "hobby" room and use it mainly as a cctv cam, recording directly to PC.
Good luck, I hope you get `em fixed, but I ain`t holding my breath