CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 08, 2004, 03:00 AM
Veteran

Default - My Story Of Roxio, The Registry Farkeruperers -

sponsored links

- My Story Of Roxio, The Registry Farkeruperers -

roxio do tend to stuff everything up...i had and infact still use..a Hp Combo drive...which i thought was buggered..wouldnt read dvds...or detect a cd...then i bought a pioneer 107..installed it...and it came up with an error indevice manager...and i realised both drives had this error...so i deleted the roxio crap out the registry and they worked fine...except the combo still doesnt read DVDs *laser died i think...ripping dvds to vcd all the time might do it* but it still burns cds at 40x
Old Nov 08, 2004, 02:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

I must be a genius then.

I've used EasyCD since version 3.5, as well as many other burning programs, and I have never had a single problem.

I don't doubt a few people have problems, but the vast silent majority that never post do not.

The latest version of EasyCD is actually better than Nero, has more features, and is more stable, but you only ever read horror stories.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 04:21 PM

Thumbs up Three code 41 cheers for Freakymonkey

FreakyMonkey I had the same problem with the code 41 and your hotkey solution worked for me to. I came across it by googling and I was at the point of throwing my upgraded 98 to xp pro out the window, but you saved it from becoming road kill. All is well now and I too had to reinstall roxio to get my burner back on line. Thanks again.
Old May 06, 2005, 04:48 PM

Smile Thank you, Thank you, FreakyMonkey

Hello, FreakyMonkey. I, too, joined this forum just so I could post a thank you for your great advice. I was on the verge of reformatting after trying for over 10 hours to fix my problem. My internal CD-DVD Reader is now being recognized, and my external CD-Writer is recognized, too.

I am truly grateful to you,

IdaPaul
Old May 21, 2005, 04:07 PM

Default "Error Code 41" & "Failure Using The VxD Loader"

Hello, I have a similar problem.

I had 'Backdoor Trojans' on this computer and since then, my computer placed my:

Samsung 48x CD-RW (Error 41)
LG DVD-ROM 16x (Failure Using The VxD Loader)
LG DVD-RAM 8X Multi Drive (Error 41)

Under *Problem Devices*

Above beside the name of the drives, I displayed the errors the System Information tells me.

I guess my computer knows these names exist, but does not display any of the drives anywhere.

I figure I have to edit my Registry, but I have never done it and don't want to risk anything.

Does anyone know how I can activate them again?
My DVD-RAM is the one I need the most at the moment.

Thanks =-)
Old May 21, 2005, 06:13 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Try uninstalling them from Device Manager, then rebooting and let Windows find and install "New Hardware".

If that fails, there is the Registry edit listed in this thread that you can try. (Assuming you are using XP)