CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 09, 2002, 04:04 PM

Question Is there a list for games that require 'Patching'?

sponsored links

Hi all,
i've seen the excellent list here concerning protected and unprotected games.
Is there a list of games that require patching ex: *.bin that must be added to the image?

tia!
Old Feb 09, 2002, 10:31 PM

Lightbulb

On another note, clone cd in conjunction with the 'protection reader' program, says that a protected/non-protected psx cd can be backed up
with the following options:

Read: - digital data ID (on)
- extra audio (on)

Write: - don't repair subchannel (on)

Does that mean all psx games can be backed up successfully under these options?

Unfortunately, I dont have any protected psx games to test at this time.

fyi.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 05:43 AM

Basically Yes, the other programme your reffering to is clony Xl which scans the disc to see what kind of protection is on it and suggests the correct settings for that disc, It has worked everytime for me, You can download it from my site.
Cheers
Ray
Old Feb 11, 2002, 07:30 AM
Veteran

One thing, though. If the game is protected with chip-detection (any mod, not necessarily a chip), using Clone won't help. You'll have to use a patch or a code for a game enhancer (GS, Action Replay, etc.), if you've got a stealth chip, then you shouldn't have to worry too much about this.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 10:18 AM

NateV,
ive got a psx about 2 years old, and im not sure what kind of mod chip is in it.
Can you advise of which games have chip detection and I will try to back them up and see if it can run on my system.

much thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2002, 01:13 PM
Veteran

Ummm...let's see, I know that NFL Gameday 2k2 has chip detection, so does 2k1, there's also Legend of Dragoon, all US NTSC btw, I'm not sure about the JAP NTSC or PAL versions. If Gameday 2k2 doesn't run, that doesn't necessarily mean you don't have a stealth chip, it might just be an older stealth. If it won't run Gameday 2k1 or LoD, then I'd say chances are it's not stealth. Megagames has protection fix patches for LoD and GD 2k1, it says the patch for 2k1 doesn't work, but I used makePPF or something like that and got it to work fine, so far there's no protection fix patch for GD 2k2, but you can get around that. Since you've got a modchip, you can d/l the GameShark CD image at megagames and use codes with it. I found a code for GD 2k2 at www.cmgsccc.com, they've more than likely got the codes for the other 2 as well. Good luck!