CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 18, 2002, 09:28 AM
Veteran

Default Intel 8100 Router Setup [AMD; XP 1900+ ; winXP]

sponsored links

Hi All,

I have a LAN set up and the internet goes through the router connection.

I am using Intel Device view to set up the router and use th internet through that.

Almost everything is working perfect.

I have given everyone an IP address ranging from 192.168.1.1 (internal network IP) to 192.168.1.10. The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 which is set by default.

The only problem is none of us can send files via MSN directly to the other person on the net. We can do it over the network and it works. But sending a file to a friend in wales or someone outside the network it wont let us. We can attach files to emails and it sends OK.

I cant run a webserver / FTP server either. I have a feeling it has something to do with the ports, but i dont know how to set it up so ALL ports are free for each computer.

If someone has one of these routers or more importantly can use Intel Device view then could u please help me by leaving a reply or emailing me?

Thanks

Regards

GiGaDaNcE_2