CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 21, 2002, 05:34 PM
Veteran

Default Cable Modem Advice Please [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

Hi,

I am a user, mainly in the GSM Section, but I need some help from you guys about cable modems.

At the moment I have a 56k U.S. Robotics Voice Fax Modem, but I have just been to visit someone in the states with a cable modem, and I am now dying to get one. It runs on Win 2000 Pro. I need you guys to give me the steps on getting a cable modem (inc. special phone line, How much monthly charge for phone line, what is the best type of cable modem, and best place to get it from).

Also I need it to work on a call back rsa connection, which goes through my company.

Thank you sooooooooo much.

If you help me I might buy you a
Old Jun 21, 2002, 10:36 PM
suspended

A cable modem doesn't even use a phone line. You need to find out if their is an internet cable provider in your area. They will be the same ones that provide cable television in your area. Even if it is available I wouldn't recommend buying a cable modem until you check with them first so that it is compatible. It might even be free to lease one with your service. As far as a call back rsa connection I don't believe that's even possible.

Last edited by ElaineM; Jun 21, 2002 at 11:07 PM.