CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:26 PM

Default Olympus E-M5 to FCP- Load Olympus E-M5 MOV/AVI to Final Cut Pro(X) for editing

sponsored links

How to convert Olympus E-M5 1080P MOV/AVI to FCP compatible ProRes 422 on Mac Mountain Lion

Summary: In this article, I will share the easy way to import Olympus E-M5 MOV and AVI 1080P video to Final Cut Pro and edit with Apple ProRes codec.

I spent quite a bit of time this week shooting the new Olympus E-M5 camera. The Olympus E-M5 shoots in full 1920x1080 HD video in H.264 MOV format. This is a welcome improvement over the very annoying AVCHD format which has a folder structure. The video looks great from the Olympus E-M5, comparable to other SLR video. Even at high ISO, the noise is very low. Executing a custom white balance is still a difficult task, but improved over previous Olympus cameras.

I also shot with video lights in auto white balance, and the images looked great as well. Being that I had some files where the color was just slightly off, I was able to do color correction in Final Cut Pro X. But before I import Olympus E-M5 H.264 MOV video to FCP, I transcode it to apple prores codec using Pavtube HD Video converter for Mac, it’s so excellent converter that make HD video to prores transcoding easy, so I want to share the easy steps here, you can follow it to convert Olympus E-M5 MOV/AVI to Apple ProRes codec for FCP.

Steps: Transcode Olympus E-M5 1080P MOV/AVI to FCP X best supported video format- Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/olympus-video-converter-for-fcp-7-x-avchd-avi-to-fcp-7-x-on-mac-mountain-lion.html
1.Download Pavtube E-M5 to FCP Converter for Mac. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert E-M5 MOV/AVI files to ProRes 422 MOV format for Final Cut Pro, more output formats are also supported.

***********.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/

2.Install and launch this E-M5 MOV/AVI Converter. Import Olympus E-M5 footage to the converter.

3.Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).

4.You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.

5.Click convert button to start.

PS:

1. With this Olympus E-M5 to ProRes 422 Converter, you can easily change E-M5 files to FCP X for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your E-M5 MOV/AVI footages to FCP in less time. You can find more tips and tricks on FCP in Pavtube FCP column.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/fcp.html
2. If you want to edit E-M5 in FCE/iMovie, just following Olymus E-M5 MOV/AVI to AIC guide and have a try.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/import-olympus-e-m5-to-fce-imovie.html
Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/fcp.html

Tags
e-m5 mov/avi to fcp, e-m5 to prores, e-m5 to prores converter, encode e-m5 1080p to fcp, olympus e-m5 to fcp