CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 11, 2004, 09:50 AM
Veteran

Default software options for running 2 dvd burners on the fly on 1 pc

sponsored links

i use my second pc for dvd burning only , it has 2 liteon dvdroms and 2 pioneer 105's , i run both burners by copying on the fly almost at all times , the software i currently use is stomp record max now and i have the updated px engine too , this is great software and makes running 2 dvd burners on the fly easy work.

I was wondering if there is another software that i can use for running 2 dvd burners on the fly as i have an issue with by the odd copied dvdr and i need to find out if its the software thats causing it , so what are my alternatives to stomp record max now or prassi primo ??

It does not need to be a proggy like stopm RMN that allows you to control both burners by opening the program once , even if its a proggy that you need to open twice ie nero i wont mind that either .

The benifit of RMN is i can tell it to copy say 20 discs , when it has copied 1 it allows you to pop a copied dics into the dvdrom and a blank into the burner then they start copying and its quite easy but trying this with nero the dvdrom is locked and your unable to change the disc you wish to copy . So i want a proggy that allows you to change both discs when you run it in an automatic kinda mode .

hope you guys understand what im talking about.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:56 AM
Veteran

I use Nero: use mutliple recorders option just fine. Be sure its the only program open.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:21 AM
Veteran

doesnt that copy the 1 disc to 2 burners , i want to copy 2 different discs , ie one from dvdrom A to burner A and one from dvdrom B to burner B , if you get what i mean .
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:40 AM
Veteran

Hi rabby , can't u try opening nero up twice ?

also theres disk juggler
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:07 PM
Veteran

hi m8 i havent tried disc juggler , maybe have a look at that one , the thing with nero is as i said above it locks the dvdrom drive so if i have 20 different discs to copy on the fly and i set it to 20 once the first disc is copied the dvdrom is locked , i would need to hit the record button after every single copy in this case . Usinf RMN i can set it to 20 and change both the source disc and the blank disc and its like running in automatic where all you need to do is change the discs each time the burned disc has been copied .

sorry if im confusing you
Old Jan 11, 2004, 05:41 PM
Veteran

I tried DJ but it also locks. I haven't been able to copy 2 disks @ the same time. Seems to me that would take a lot of CPU.