CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:10 PM

Default pc and home stereo speakers

sponsored links

In comparing home stereo speakers to pc, other than how they hook-up to their sources, are they not the same (say, in comparing sattelite and powered woofer combos)? Seems like pc speaker pricing is a bit high for less (or is it me cause i'm cheap). My current pc speaker setup (drivers) are not supported by new OS XP (no driver updates), I can't see spending
$300 for what I would like (say Logitech 680) when they couldnt (price and $) compare to a home stereo setup for that same price. Also, if I ran my audio (includes top audio card) from pc through home stereo would audio be better/worse (sony home stereo)?? Any advise would be welcomed.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:24 PM
Veteran

Probably would be better. Most PC Speaker setups use cheap quality speakers that are known to crackle and go bad at and early age. I think the only reason why they actually sell is because people don't have their component soundsystems nearby thier computer (or don't have one in the first place). Run it through your home stereo and I think you will notice a big improvement. Just make sure that the volume on your card isn't cranked all the way up. I hope this helps.