CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 25, 2003, 03:47 PM

Default Ntsc colour fix.

sponsored links

I have a v7 pal and the ntsc games i play are always in black and white with the exception of when i play them on my ntsc compatible tv, which is hardly ever convenient. I've read that performing the colour fix will remove this problem, so if i understand this then i will be able to play these games on a pal tele in colour, rather than b/w. Also read that buying a proper scart lead will fix this as well. Is any of this correct. I have diagrams for doing the colour fix and looks like a two second job.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:31 PM

either get a pal and ntsc converter or go for the colur fix,which will solve the colour prob but not the picture stability (some older tv`s will display b/w with picture falling jumping up n down), get the converter would be easier and safer, they are only 6 at bowlers manchester!

P.S. i have never made the colour fix on any ps2 so good luck.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 08:02 AM

Absolutely no probs on picture stability, it's rock steady on either pal tv, just in b/w.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 10:15 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

colour fix works fine on all the ones ive done.. never had a problem with it

nick
Old Jan 26, 2003, 11:58 AM

well i'll give it a go and you can sort it for me next week briny when i send you my ps2 ;-) By the way , my v7 has different heatsinks than my v5, and this is the side of the board that the colour fix gets done on. Take it it's easy enough to get access to this side of the board?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 06:03 PM

Did the colour fix last night nick and it worked a treat, cant say how chuffed i am at being able to play my games in glorious colour now, amazing how a simple thing like that makes such a difference. How'd people find these things out anyway?