CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 13, 2004, 02:40 PM

Question Best LCD monitor for gaming?

sponsored links

I stumbled across some unexpected tax return money, so I have decided to replace my old monitor with a new 17" or 19" LCD. What are your suggestions for a nice gaming monitor? I know the LCD monitors have come a long way in the past few years and I am set on getting one in order to save space on my desk, but I want to make sure it has a high-quality display for games. My one requirement is that it is black (or has a lot of black on it), in order to match my case and keyboard. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Mar 13, 2004, 04:24 PM

Sony - I don't know if they do black, but they do style and quality and very good response rates and the best quality image I've seen in a TFT monitor.

I'm sure someone will disagree wth me but go and have a look yourself.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 11:15 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Good girl hollie,

I'd disagree as far as Sony TFT's are concerned, but their CRT Trinitron monitors are easily the best, and they come in black. A bit on the expensive side though like most things Sony.

Anyway, if you really do want the best gaming monitor, steer away from TFT's and look at a CRT monitor instead.

I know you say you don't have much space, but I'm sure you could fit one if you value image quality.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 03:16 AM

Any thoughts on BenQ? I'm looking at this monitor and the customer reviews seem positive.
***********.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-014-043&depa=1
Old Mar 14, 2004, 03:20 AM
Veteran

Yes. It's a Good one. I have sold number of BenQ LCD screens before without a single complaint so far. But as Inso said, LCD is not so good for gaming purpose if compared with CRT monitors in general.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 03:36 AM

Yeah, I understand about CRT monitors being ideal for gaming, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little image quality in exchange for the space that I'll save. I don't typically play any real fast-paced FPS games, so I think I should be alright with the LCD. I just wanted to make sure I minimize ghosting as much as possible with an LCD monitor, which seems to be the case with this one according to the reviews.