CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 14, 2004, 01:13 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Question Eject Button and switching the stock LED from Green to Blue

sponsored links

Thanks for reading m8's. I have an Aladdin Advance plus in my console and was wondering if I switch out the stock green led in the eject area with a blue led if it'll f*ck up the booting sequence.

Currently to enable the chip you have to hold the power button until the stock led turns an orange/yellow colour.

I'm wondering what'll happen if I swap that out? Suggestions are appreciated.

- Merc.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 02:02 PM
Veteran

Won't make any difference at all. The LED colour isn't exactly something that has an effect on the console.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 02:04 PM
Veteran

boy that charle's is turning into a d!ck huh?
if you just put a regular blue led in, it has two prongs. you would hook it to the prongs for green and negative. there's a really good picture of the front pcb at the xbox-scene hardware forums under 'changing the front led to any color' or something to that effect.
since orange is a combo of the green and red then the light would still be blue. you'd have to time it i suppose. now if you got a blue/white bi-color led. (should have them at lsdiodes.com) then that would be sweet. because you would hold it until the light turned a really soft baby blue. and for errors or fragging it would flash blue/white.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 02:08 PM
Veteran

here dug it up for ya
[img]***********.strikeforce.dk/phpBB/uploads/ModZone.dk/_Diverse/frontpanelheader640.jpg[/img]
Old Mar 14, 2004, 02:41 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Memphis [/i]
[B]Won't make any difference at all. The LED colour isn't exactly something that has an effect on the console. [/B]
I didn't explain it right then. Thanks Devil-Man, you understood where I was coming from

So as a n00b on this, I presume there are two led's that are stock with the eject light (one being red, the other green?)? Would it be possible to just take out the green led and put in a blue and having the blue/red combine for a purple?

I'd deffo need something where it would be blue and also another colour so I'd know when the chip was enabled.

- Merc.

Last edited by LiquidMercury; Mar 14, 2004 at 02:44 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 02:55 PM

I guess in theory one could use a blue led and a yellow led (if they make'm?). Blue for when the chip's enabled and crossing blue with the yellow to get green for when the chip's disabled. Wishful thinking perhaps?

- Merc.