CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows ME
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 10, 2003, 04:15 AM

Default pc/net problems... HELP [home made; ; winME]

sponsored links

ok
1stly
there are certain sites which I try and access and get redirected to a **** site which has numerous pop ups, I have pop up filter so I don't get the pop ups but I still cannot access the site I originally want and closing this new site that opens up is quite difficult
what do I do?

Next, I've never understood the whole "do you wish to debug" thing... I thought it'd go away when I got the new IE but instead, for some sites, its much worse! One forum I use, every time I push a button or type one letter I get the prompt meaning I have to press yes/no in between each letter I type.... that can't be normal

Finally, what's the best website host for a .com site. I've been with Lycos but they're ****in' me around so I'ma make my old site(s) redirect to a new .com. Want a lot of bandwidth and a lot of server space
Old Jun 10, 2003, 06:37 AM
Veteran

Well, your second question is easily solved by going to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced> and turning on 'Disable Script Debugging' (4th option down under Browsing).

First question... Are you sure they are legit sites? There are a whole lot of fake web pages out there that just redirect to unwanted material.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 04:10 PM

examples of these sites are soundclick and dmusic and I can access parts of them, just (in these cases) not the bits where I can listen to music
And I can acess them from other PCs

As for the first one... I don't have an advanced tab in my internet options...
Old Jun 10, 2003, 04:31 PM
Veteran

Erm, what browser version are you using?
Old Jun 11, 2003, 07:13 AM

the new IE
Old Jun 11, 2003, 07:15 AM
Veteran

You sure about the tab. launch IE, click tools, internet options, and advanced should be the last tab. I'm using the same build and it's there for me. No offence..........