Transcode Sony NEX 5N AVCHD to Adobe Premiere for editing smoothly
Summary: In this guide, you will learn how to import/edit Sony NEX-5N AVCHD videos in Adobe Premiere without rendering by transcoding NEX-5N AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Adobe Premiere friendly format with a top Sony AVCHD Converter.
Sony NEX-5N is all the performance of a DSLR in about half the size and half the weight. It records 1080p 60p and 24p HD movies in AVCHD format, takes astonishing pictures in low-light with the large Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. If you have got the Sony NEX-5N and have shot some 1080p 60p videos using it, you may want to load NEX-5N AVCHD files into Adobe Prmiere for editing. The issue is that when you import the AVCHD MTS files to Premiere to edit, the timeline becomes extremely sluggish for scan/scrub or when previews. Don't fret! Here I am sharing my experience on how to import Sony NEX-5N AVCHD to Adobe Premiere for editing without rendering time.
As far as I know, the AVCHD MTS/M2TS format recorded by NEX-5N is not supported well by Adobe Premiere. Adobe Premiere best supported videos is WMV format videos, so the best way to edit SONY NEX-5N AVCHD in Premiere is to convert SONY NEX-5N MTS/M2TS files to Adobe Premiere WMV format, then we can import NEX-5N files to Premiere for editing, below is a brief guide for you, and you will know how to convert SONY NEX-5N AVCHD to WMV format for editing smoothly.
So to make Adobe Premiere compatible with Sony NEX 5n videos, a third party converting tool is needed. If you're interested in doing likewise, check out Pavtube's MTS/M2TS Converter, a top Sony AVCHD Camcorder Converter for Adobe Premiere which is a good choice to transcode 1080p 60p and 50p AVCHD file to Adobe Premiere friendly format. Besides, it is able to encode AVCHD to Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7 and above.
Hot News - check out Pavtube's 2012 Euro Promotion and get 20% Off instant savings on more Camcorder Converters.
Guide - How to convert and import/edit Sony NEX-5n AVCHD files in Adobe Premiere
1. Free download and install the best AVCHD MTS/M2TS Converter for Adobe Premiere on your PC.
2. Import the AVCHD files, and choose the Adobe Premiere profile. For example, wmv format, of course you can choose other format like mov or mpeg-2. They are all Adobe Premiere friendly formats.
3. Just simply click convert, you can transcode AVCHD to Adobe Premiere friendly format.
Some more helpful features of the Sony AVCHD Camcorder Converter:
1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate（from 1Mbps to 20Mbps）, frame rate (24p/30p)
2. Editor (next to “Add” icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
After conversion, just click "open" you will find the output file easily, and then import the file into Adobe Premiere, then you can load/edit the Sony Nex 5n AVCHD 1080p 60p videos in Adobe Premiere without sluggish timeline or choppy playback.