CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2014, 09:38 PM

Default Stream 2D/3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3 & Xbox 360

sponsored links

Watch 2D/3D Blu-ray on Apple TV 3/Xbox 360

Description: A very easy-to-use to help you rip commercial 2D/3D Blu-ray to H.264 M4V format within a few clicks, so that you can playback Blu-ray movie on Apple TV 2/3, iPad, iPhone and Xbox 360.

"I want to be able to back up all my blu-rays and stream/play on Apple TV 3 and Xbox 360; I see there are lots of softwares can do this but still not quite familiar about how to choose the format; can you help?"

As a big Blu-ray fan, I own a large collection of Blu-rays including 2D/3D movies, director cut editions, limited editions, discs released for anniversaries, etc. We usually watch these movies on Apple TV 3 in living room via NAS as home, so we are quite familiar about the whole workflow.

Obviously, blu-ray discs are not supported by Apple TV as it doesn't own a disc drive. So we choose to rip these Blu-ray discs to Apple TV compatible format, in this case we prefer the H.264 M4V format. Lucky for you, H.264 M4V is also supported by xbox 360 so I guess you can simply finish all the tasks with one hit.

To rip Blu-ray to H.264 M4V, firstly you need to roll off the disc protection then compress it to M4V. We recommend a tool named Pavtube ByteCopy which we have been using over a year. It's very easy to use, rips every of my discs, works reliably and updates frequently. (See also: ByteCopy Review)

Tips:
1. Mac version is renamed as Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac (See also: Review);

How to convert 2D/3D Blu-ray movies to Apple TV 2/3 and Xbox 360?

Step 1. Run Pavtube ByteCopy, and load Blu-ray movie to it.

Note to keep internet connected during this period.

Step 2. Select output format.

Click "Format" and choose "Apple TV -> Apple TV 2/3 720P Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v)" preset as it's optimized for Apple TV 2/3. Of course you can also play this video on Xbox 360, iPad and iPhone.

See also: Play Blu-ray with multi-track MP4 on Apple Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod & Apple TV)

Step 3. Change target video/audio specs (Optional)

If you are not satisfied with the default video/audio specs, click "Settings" to adjust video seize(pixel), frame rate, bitrate (the higher bitrate, the larger file size and better video quality), or audio settings.

Tips: An AC-3 encoded audio track will also be included for Apple TV to pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, so that it will work in surround sound when Apple TV is connected to audio receiver, and also in stereo when Apple TV is connected with TV only.

Step 4. Start Conversion.

Click the big "Convert" to start converting Blu-ray to Apple TV 2/3, iPad/iPhone and Xbox 360. After conversion, you can click "Open" to find the converted files.

Now transfer your video to iPhone/iPad/Apple TV via iTunes 11, or use a USB drive to transfer the video to Xbox 360.

Money saving bundles:
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune($29) + ByteCopy($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter($35) = Only $60, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $60, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = Only $70, Save $17

Related articles:
How to keep Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in Blu-ray movie?
Rip DVD movie to M4V Apple TV 3 without DVD Player
Getting DVD ISO files into iTunes for Apple TV 3 with Dobly Digital 5.1 audio
Downloading TiVo files to Mac for Apple TV 3, iPad and iPod Streaming
Convert MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, Tivo, FLV video to iTunes 11 playable videos on Mac

Source: Open Media Community:********open-media-community.com/2014/01/27/watch-blu-ray-on-apple-tv-and-xbox-360/
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:15 PM

Default Any choice to watch Blu-rays on my TV/smartphone & Tablet?

I was looking for a comparative of best ripping software online and finally got Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, an easy-to-use software on both Win and Mac. It provides both Blu-ray and DVD ripping workflow with easy interface, quick conversion speed and a very reasonable price.
What I usually do with it:
Actually I've not tested all the presets (too many) as I just got it for 3 months, but it works quite reliably. Mostly I backup DVDs and Blu-rays (need an external drive for BD) to 900kbps Divx AVI on HDD, or MP4 for my SAMSUNG Smart TV (UE40D6530), SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505), ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201). I'm fond of watching movies on portable devices. Other times they are in general use, like surfing the net, gaming, writing emails.
Other software Iíve used like Magic DVD Ripper and WinX DVD Ripper, but Pavtube is clearly the best.

Source:
Quote:
***********.samsunginterceptforum.com/samsung-intercept-rooting/view-blue-raydvd-from-any-smart-tv-with-wd-my-cloud-disk-for-kids/
Old Mar 04, 2014, 08:35 PM

Default Convert WAV Files to iTunes to play in iPhone/iPad/iPod

Convert WAV audio files to MP3 for iTunes on iPhone/iPad/iPod

Summary: This is a magic WAV to iTunes guide to let you add songs in WAV format to iTunes, so that you can stream them to iPhone, iPad, iPod via iTunes.

Q: "Hello hello. I'm having a bit of trouble with my iTunes at the minute. I have an album on my computer and the songs are in .wav format, and iTunes not letting me import them. Any help? Btw, my iTunes is at version is up to date."

WAV is an audio format for storing sound in files developed jointly by Microsoft and IBM. Support for WAV files was built into Windows 95 making it the de facto standard for sound on PCs. WAV sound files end with a .wav extension and can be played by nearly all Windows applications that support sound.

However, when it comes to Mac OS, some of the WAV files still can't be loaded to iTunes although it claims to support WAV format. It means you cannot stream your WAV songs to iPhone, iPad and iPod in this way.

In order to solve "iTunes won't import WAV" problem, I've tried several ways including convert WAV to aac format via iTunes but it still cannot be accepted by my iPod. So I turned over to third party software and luckily I found this Pavtube WAV Converter Ultimate.

This [b]Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, as the Pavtube WAV to iTunes Converter, is an all-in-one tool which does not only support converting WAV format to MP3 for iTunes, it support various audio & video (excluding CRM files) format so that you can stream the files to iPhone, iPad, iPod for watching. Moreover, it's also capable of digitalizing your Blu-rays and DVDs to MP4, MOV, etc. formats that your IOS devices accept; isn't it cool?

Tips: Find its Mac version here – iMedia Converter for Mac

Download a trial below:

How to convert WAV to MP3 format for iTunes on iPad, iPhone and iPod

Step 1. Import WAV files; choose format.

Click the plus icon to import WAV files into it, or you can drag-and-drop directly. Then you will find a horn icon on the left that indicates it's an audio file.

Move your cursor to Format and choose "Common Audio>MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio(*.mp3)" as below:

As listed above, there are several presets for other audio format; just choose one as your needs.

Step 2. Adjust audio specs (optional).

If you are not satisfied with the default audio quality, just click the "Settings" icon and choose wanted audio settings including sample rate, bitrate and audio channel.

Step 3. Start converting WAV to MP3.

Now back to the main interface and hit "Convert" to convert your WAV files to MP3 format. It will start batch conversion automatically one by one. Wait for a while during the progress; after it completed, click "Open output folder" to locate the converted audio file.

Ok, now your WAV song has been converted to MP3 which is perfect for iTunes.

Here is a guide of how to sync media files to iPhone, iPad, iPod via iTunes

Related articles:
Rip/Sync Blu-ray to iTunes with forced subtitles for iPad/iPhone/iPod/Apple TV
Rip DVD to MP4 retaining chapter marker for iPad/iPhone/iPod
Add Blu-ray/DVD to iTunes 11 with multi-tracks for Apple TV/iPad/iPhone/iPod on Mac
How to Sync SD/HD Videos and Movies to iPhone/iPod/iPad
Best Mac Blu-ray Ripper Review for iPhone/iPad/iPod

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/02/sync-wav-files-to-itunes.html
Old Mar 19, 2014, 01:39 AM

Default Stream Blu-ray to Apple TVs/iPads/iPhones with iTunes on Mac

Mac solution: Backup DVD/BD disc to iTunes for Apple TV 3/iPad Air/iPhone 5S

Description: Want to rip DVD/Blu-ray discs movies to iTunes supported formats for all Apple TVs, iPads, iPhones? Some of you may have not figured out a proper way to convert DVD/Blu-ray to iTunes on Mac. Simply follow this article to import DVD/Blu-ray movies to iTunes.

Good news for Mac users! Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac 3.7.0 is released!

"I want to put my library of disks in iTunes. I searched "best BD Ripper Mac Review" on google and choose Pavtube for its better reviews. When I used it for a while, I really appreciate its much more intuitive interface than CloneDVD2 which I used before. Until now, it always works well to rip my discs for my Apple TV 3."

This is one of the customers that tell us how he uses Pavtube to rip his library discs. However, to some whom not familiar with Pavtube, do you want to rip DVD/Blu-ray discs movies to iTunes supported formats for Apple TV, iPad, iPhone? Do you want to figure out a proper way to convert DVD/Blu-ray to iTunes on Mac as well? If so, please read on and it will be an easy to make it possible with the help of Pavtube.

What Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac can help you
Backup Blu-ray and DVD movies on Mac.
Make 1:1 copy of Blu-ray/DVD movies.
Convert discs to MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, MKV files for Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iTunes,
QuickTime player, Samsumg Galaxy Tab/Note, etc.
Editing videos with simply usage.

PS. Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac also has windows version: Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper (Guide).

How to Convert DVD and Blu-ray discs to iTunes for Apple TV 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5S

Step 1. Load Blu-ray/DVD movies.

Download the program, and then click "Load file" icon to load the Blu-ray and DVD movies to your program. (If the files are blu-ray, you need a Blu-ray drive first.)

Step 2. Select output format.

Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac has a number of presets for Apple TV, iPad and iPhone. Just choose the suitable format.

For Apple TV 3:

For iPad Air:

For iPhone 5S:

Tip:
If you need, you can also click "Setting" to modify parameters of your output profile to meet your professional needs: video bitrate, frame rate, audio channel, etc. Remember the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.

Step 3. Start conversion.

The final step is to tap "Convert" button and commence ripping Blu-ray/DVD movies to iTunes highly compatible videos.

After the conversion, click on "Open" button to access to the videos you ripped. Open your iTunes and import the output files to its Movie library by clicking File > Add File to Library.

Then you could transfer and watch Blu-ray and DVD movies on iTunes or your Apple TV, iPad Air, iPhone 5S. Learn more:

PS: If you want to backup Blu-ray and DVD movies persevering all the audio tracks and subtitles, Pavtube ByteCopy (ByteCopy for Mac) could help you with good effect.

See also: Pavtube Products Updated: Get 20% off at Myce

See More Related articles:
Apple TV 3 Column | iPad 3 Column | iPhone 5 Column
Play 1080p/720p HD Videos and Movies on iPad Air
How to transfer TiVo videos on iPad Air on Mac Mavericks?
Easy way to make children's movies to be played on iPad 3, iPad Air in car
Copy Blu-ray to MOV with multi-track for IOS devices

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/03/backup-dvd-and-blu-ray-discs-to-itunes-on-mac.html
Old Apr 15, 2014, 07:09 AM

Default Put/Copy DVD discs onto Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 for viewing

Summary: If you have a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet, you may wonder how to play DVD movies on this awesome tablet on the go? This DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 converter is highly recommended to help easily remove commercial DVD protection and output MP4 videos for freely playback.Engage and entertain the entire family with the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet from Samsung. This thin, lightweight Android tablet features a 10.1-inch touch display along with the same familiar interface as other Samsung Galaxy devices, making it easy to use. Use it to quickly browse the web, watch movies, read e-books, or download apps from Google Play. As it features with a 1280x800 resolution, the vivid and clear display will make it well suited for downloading and watching the latest movies and TV shows.

As there is no hard drive on Galaxy Tab 3, like any other tablets on the market. But no worries. You can find some DVD to Galaxy Tab converter online to convert your DVD collection to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 easily. Then what you need is a DVD Ripper tool – Pavtube DVD Ripper (Mac users: DVD Ripper for Mac) - a top and all-in-one DVD Ripping program to help you remove DVD protection and convert DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 support format.

Learn more: Top 5 Best DVD Ripper Review

System requirements:

Windows

Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
DirectX Version: 9.0 or above
Memory: 64MB at least
Processor: 500MHz Intel or 500MHz AMD CPU
Hard Disc Space: 512MB or above
Optical Drive: DVD drive(BD drive is required for ripping DVD disc)

Mac

1G Hz or above Intel processor.
Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9)
512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Optical Drive: DVD drive(BD drive is required for ripping DVD disc)

Follow this guide to quick learn:

How to convert, copy and transfer DVDs to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1?

Step 1: Load DVD movie to the DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 Converter.

Insert your DVD movie to disc drive, and click "Load Disc" button on Pavtube DVD Ripper interface to load DVD from ROM; it also support importing DVD ISO and DVD folder.

Step 2: Select video format.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 supported video formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV, DivX.

Here we select MP4 with H.264 codec for Galaxy Tab 3. Click the Format drop-down list, and select "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Video(*.mp4)" from Samsung category.

Tips:

1. If you have special requirements on target video, click "Settings" to customize video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate.

2: If you also want to enjoy Blu-ray/DVD movies to 3D videos for playback, trying Pavtube Bytecopy (Win/Mac), which can help you to backup your BD/DVD keeping original subtitle streams and convert latest Blu-ray and DVD movies to any other formats like MP4/MOV with multi-track audios , refer to Reviews of ByteCopy.

Step 4. Ripping DVD to MP4 for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

Click the red "Convert" button to start ripping DVD to H.264/MPEG-4 MP4 for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. When it finishes, click the "Open Output Folder" icon to quick locate the converted video.

Once get the converted videos, just copy and dump them to Galaxy Tab 3 via USB. Then you are ready to play DVD movies on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 freely.

Transfer video files from PC to Galaxy Tab 3 with Kies

Tips:

1. If you wanna to directly Copy only DVD main movie and leave out extras

Click "Format" bar, choose "Copy" > "Directly Copy" from the Format menu to copy the . vob files only which contains the main movie on DVD. After that, do remember clicking "Convert" button to do Movie-only copy. When the copying work is done, you are able to click "Open" button to get the output .vob files without any other extra contents.

2. If you want to Play Backed up DVD movies,

VLC Media Player (freeware) will be you best choice to support DVD menu (DVD navigation) and video streaming to lots of other devices. It is available for both Windows and Mac.

Last edited by neal2324; Apr 15, 2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old May 09, 2014, 03:59 AM

Default Get an easy to use Blu-ray/DVD Ripping tool for Mom

Save up to 40% off: Get an easy to use Blu-ray/DVD Ripping tool for Mom

Good news: 2014 Motherís Day is just around the corner, have you got something unique and special for Mom? If sheís fond of watching Blu-ray/DVD movies on smartphone, tablet, TV, etc. you shall never miss this up to 40% off special from Pavtube Studio!

To thanks for your faithful support during the past years, Pavtube now offer 30% off ByteCopy, 40% off Ultimate Converter and 40% off DVD Ripper as 2014 Motherís Day special for your beloved Mom. It starts from May 8th to 12th, five days in total. Donít miss this deal!

30% off Pavtube ByteCopy (Windows/Mac)

A magic Blu-ray/DVD ripping software (Pro version), itís not only capable of ripping Blu-ray/DVD to desire formats (MP4, MOV, M4V, TS, MKV, AVI, WMV, MPG, VOB, etc), but also offer a Multi-track preset to enable you backup movie to lossless MKV or MP4/MOV/ProRes with multiple audio tracks and subtitles, so that you can free choose wanted languages during playback.

40% off Pavtube (iMedia Converter for Mac/Video Converter Ultimate)

The best deal of Ultimate Converter ever! With this tool at hand, youíre not only able to rip Blu-ry/DVD movies, but also convert footages of Mom and make a easy-to-watch video to put on portable devices, computers, to video editing programs or uploading to your YouTube channel.

40% off Pavtube DVD Ripper (Windows/Mac)

It has outputs for almost all the Android models, so you can start getting DVD movie library ready for your Android devices like Kindle Fire HD, ASUS Transformer Prime, Nook (HD/HD+) Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S4/S3, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10, Nexus 4, Lenov ThinkPad tablet, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive, Motorola Xoom, etc...

Like us in Facebook to get up to 40% discount for fans only:

*********www.*************/pavtubefans/app_201742856511228

More money saving bundles can be found here:

***********.pavtube.cn/special-offer.html

Source:********open-media-community.com/2014/05/08/pavtube-2014-mothers-day-special-offer/

Last edited by neal2324; May 09, 2014 at 04:03 AM.