CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:27 PM

sponsored links

Thank you very much!
I did search for about an hour and a half but not in the right spot I guess
I just gave up on 2.0, figuring I'd have to live with 1.0
Thanks again!!
Old Jul 02, 2003, 02:06 PM
suspended

Stuck by Van for folks that need the driver.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 08:37 AM

If it was really needed %)
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25001-25500/SP25052.exe
ver 5.1.2600.1243
Old Aug 24, 2003, 12:43 PM

i'm installing a sp1 update for my laptop which running on xp 2002 home edition ...

will this then let my laptop reconize the belkin 2.0 usb notebook card ...

or could it be my pcmcia card slots are dead ... my laptop is working fine accept it dopnt reconise any thing on the pcmcia card slots .. not even a beep ... was told i need a universal usb 2.0 driver

please help been at it for hours now .. #

thanks
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:02 AM
suspended

If your PCMCIA slots are working properly, updating to SP1 level will allow the system to recognize the USB 2.0 cards. Sorry for the late reply. You should have posted your own thread or people will not read it as they only check this one when they need the driver. I've not checked this thread for quite a while either.

Also, folks, the Compaq driver that ilway posted above is intended to fix some problems with some Compaq models. You can download this [url=ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25001-25500/SP25052.txt]Text File that explains what the driver does before applying it to your XP system. Drivers provided by 3rd party vendors will only work best on the models that they are written for and may cause incompatibility problems to other models. Best thing is to apply XP SP1 or stick with MS drivers unless you're sure that the drivers are for your model.
Old Nov 02, 2003, 02:35 PM

Default USB 2.0

The content incorporate USB 2.0 32-bit support for EHCI Host Controllers on the Microsoft(r) Windows(r) XP operating system (build 2600). Please note that Windows .NET Server and Windows XP SP1a will NOT need this package, because they already contain software support for USB 2.0.

USB 2.0 EHCI Host Controllers Supported

The drivers provided have been tested with the NEC USB 2.0 host controller and the Intel EHCI Host Controller. The hardware IDs of the USB 2.0 host controllers supported by the provided solution are as follows:

PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_00E0&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_00E0&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24CD

The driver will not install on any other EHCI controllers with hardware IDs different from the ones stated above. Microsoft’s plans regarding support of additional EHCI controllers can be found on ***********.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/bus/USB/default.mspx.

USB 2.0 Hub support

USB 2.0 hubs are supported natively by Windows XP. All hubs that report correct hub class code in their device descriptor will be compatible with the existing USBHUB.SYS driver in Windows XP.

Both packages below need to be installed to support USB 2.0 on windows XP.

USB 2.0 EHCI package
QFE fix for existing USB driver stack on Windows XP

The USB 2.0 EHCI package consists of the following files:

USBEHCI.SYS
HCCOIN.DLL
USB2X.INF
USB2X.CAT

[URL=********tkei.8m.net/USB2_XP_V2_CD.zip]USB 2.0 EHCI Download

The USB EHCI package contains the Enhanced Host Controller mini-port driver. The INF file is responsible for loading the USBEHCI.SYS host controller miniport on a Windows XP system, and the host controller coinstaller (HCCOIN.DLL) is responsible for synchronizing communication between the Enhanced Host Controller and the companion host controllers.

QFE fix for existing USB driver stack on Windows XP

The QFE package is responsible for updating USBPORT.SYS and USBHUB.SYS on Windows XP. Localized versions of this package only differ in terms of the QFE installation user interface (UI), displayed during package installation. Since this package replaces USBPORT.SYS and USBHUB.SYS with updated versions, a reboot is essential.

Installation Directions

Please follow these directions for a smooth installation of the USB 2.0 package.

Both the USB EHCI package and the QFE (described in section 2) must be installed.
Always install the QFE package first. This will prompt for a reboot. Before you reboot, please ensure that you have installed the EHCI Package also. Install the USB 2.0 EHCI package using Plug and Play INF driver installation procedures.
Reboot your machine.

[URL=********tkei.8m.net/Q312370_WXP_SP1_X86_ENU.EXE]QFE Download